PDA

View Full Version : clutch

warr72
08-25-2010, 10:20 PM
The clutch finally blew on my 09 XXC and it ground the splines off and broke a spring tower. What has everyone gone as far as aftermarket in their clutches?

Colby@C&DRacing
08-26-2010, 01:57 PM
dp offers a clutch for the ds450

warr72
08-26-2010, 03:01 PM
The dealer did the update with the extra plate, larger hub and basket but didn't update the cover. So i take it they didn't want to spend the extra money for the updated cover or something along those lines. So even with the updated parts the clutch failed as lack of oiling. Now I found that the splines on the sprocket and the shaft are worn to almost a smooth surface. Also the splines on the clutch are torn up pretty bad to the point that I will not put it back in that condition. So be careful who works on your quads as these people are supposed to be trained techs but are more like trained fools in my eyes. I will do all the work myself from now on whether a recall issue or not as i learned the hard way once again! :(

andiboy123
08-27-2010, 06:01 AM
dude , contact BCS, they will help you out!!!

nvrpmx
08-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Motoworks they stock it all and have tested more product on the DS than any one. 951-587-9222

Plus they have tons of new take off parts that they remove from new quads and build into race quads that will save you money if thats the route you take.

warr72
08-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Well I'm gonna contact a few companies and see what they recommend. I should have just done this from the start when I got the quad and heard about the clutch issues. I wanted to keep the warranty intact by having the dealership do the update but to hell with the warranty now. So I'll do it myself and it will right this time without any doubts. Other than this issue the quad has been bullet proof and is one of the best I have ever ridden.

warr72
08-28-2010, 04:48 AM
Not putting stock parts back in if I can help it. There is a reason for aftermarket parts and that reason is they are usually better.

simond
09-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by warr72
Not putting stock parts back in if I can help it. There is a reason for aftermarket parts and that reason is they are usually better.

actually ...my OEM clutch have made longuer than a Barnett one in 12 hrs endurance race ....

which kind of oil are you using?