PDA

View Full Version : Precision Shock & Vibe clamps; my first ride

bbender85
08-25-2010, 10:29 AM
well i'm finally in good enough shape to ride again, so i was able to test out Precision's Shock & Vibe clamps on my LTR. i broke both of my arms at my wrists back in may, and in my surplus of time with nothing to do, started looking into flex-type bars. i saw the Precision clamps and decided to go that route instead. when talking to the guy on the phone when i called to order them, he was giving me the salesman hype about how great they are, and tho i figured they'd help my recoverring wrists, i was skeptical of his claims.

oh man. are these things awesome.

my intent for them was to save my wrist from (god fordbid) future catastophic impacts. right out of the box they hardly move when the bike is sitting there, but the first time i bottomed my front shocks on a tabbletop i'd bottomed many times before, the clamps absorbed the energy from the hit great.

going thru a gnarly whoop section (that's just shy of a rythym section) they shined too. i was able to power thru them much more confidently.

here's my favorite part about them, considering my fragile wrists; on another small double that often has me landing right-side first, the clamps took the jolt of the left side coming down, a situation i'd jammed my wrist 3-4 times on before i broke my arms.

cliff notes: if you have bad wrists, these are gold. it hurt to spend what i did on them, but after one afternoon i'da paid twice as much.

hrc450er
08-26-2010, 06:56 AM
i didnt like these because only one side will compress not both like the flexx or at least thats what it seemed like when i was messin around with them. they would be good for off camber landings though.

bbender85
08-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by hrc450er
i didnt like these because only one side will compress not both like the flexx or at least thats what it seemed like when i was messin around with them. they would be good for off camber landings though.

like i mentioned in my original post, that definitely wasn't the case for me.

JH Racing
08-27-2010, 03:50 PM
I broke my arm pretty bad in late 08 and dislocated my wrist when I did I was having alot of problem during 09 season and early this year. Precision sent me a pre production unit and I have been using it since April and have not had a problem with the clamp or my wrist since

gimp419
08-31-2010, 09:02 AM
I used these all season long and have to say that I love them! They take all the big hits out of your arms. And you don't really notice them being there like you do a flex type bar. Best part is that you can pick out any bend of bar you want to use with them. GREAT product for sure.

FW_cArBoN
08-31-2010, 02:24 PM
I've used the Precision clamps this entire season so far on our KTM and they have been a great product! I would recommend them to anyone!

Jay