PDA

View Full Version : LRD Aluminum frame owners, come in

CorvetteZ06
08-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, gonna start building my LRD aluminum framed 250R, this fall/winter, and I have a question. Did you need longer bolts for the a-arms, front shocks, motor mounts, etc... ?? Since the tubing is so much thicker. And if so, where did you purchase the bolts. Thank You in advance!

hondamancbr03
08-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by CorvetteZ06
Did you need longer bolts for the a-arms, front shocks, motor mounts, etc... ?? Since the tubing is so much thicker. And if so, where did you purchase the bolts. Thank You in advance!

Yes you do need longer bolts for the items you're asking about.....My frame has all S.S. allen style bolts, since i purchased the frame completed from what i understand the frame came with all the nuts/bolts that had to replace the stock nuts/bolts.

mfr422
08-26-2010, 04:29 PM
I ordered longer stock bolts for most of mine, the only thing I remember that I couldn't find in a stock bolt were the a arm bolts. I took the stock bolt pn# and added the length I needed to it. Roost on! Lonny

Rootar
08-27-2010, 06:40 AM
you can buy the longer bolts at any good hardware or fastener store.

They wont have a flanged bolt and nut like stock but you can get a bolt thats long enough to put a washer under each end, they will also have nyloc nuts for the bolts which is a major plus.

youll be looking for an m10 x 80 (stock is 71 so 80 is just a guess since you need longer bolts)