PDA

View Full Version : PWR radiators any good?

jbltz450
08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Are PWR radiators any good? Are they any other companies that still make 250R radiators besides PWR and AFCO?

250Renvy
08-24-2010, 04:49 PM
I would hold out. PM for details.

J250r
08-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Why PM? Make it public knowledge please.

mxduner
08-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by J250r
Why PM? Make it public knowledge please. lmao :devil: my thought also. Walsh might have them, but might be specific to their frame, anybody know about them?

250r__Ice
08-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Check out this radiator that Andy Lagzdins uses. I saw this and got one. Its a JRD and the price was not bad at all. Its twice as thick as stock. Does a good job. His build is on this forum. This is the link. Hope it works.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381413&perpage=10&pagenumber=11

250Renvy
08-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
lmao :devil: my thought also. Walsh might have them, but might be specific to their frame, anybody know about them?

O.k. there are some in the works. It's not for a little while, but there will be some that are way cheaper than $425 from pwr.

I don't have details yet, still working on it.

May have setups for fans as well.

troybilt
08-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
O.k. there are some in the works. It's not for a little while, but there will be some that are way cheaper than $425 from pwr.

I don't have details yet, still working on it.

May have setups for fans as well.

I've asked and they had an interest, so I'm now working on a completely new setup from Ron Davis, best radiators ever made period. With built in spal fan. I'll keep you'all posted if it works out. I can tell you it will be expensive not for the faint of heart, especially custom designed ones.

rayman375
08-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 250r__Ice
Check out this radiator that Andy Lagzdins uses. I saw this and got one. Its a JRD and the price was not bad at all. Its twice as thick as stock. Does a good job. His build is on this forum. This is the link. Hope it works.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381413&perpage=10&pagenumber=11
Did you get is straight from JRD? Do you have their contact info?

jcs003
08-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
I've asked and they had an interest, so I'm now working on a completely new setup from Ron Davis, best radiators ever made period. With built in spal fan. I'll keep you'all posted if it works out. I can tell you it will be expensive not for the faint of heart, especially custom designed ones.

i designed my own and ron davis wanted over $600 to build it for me. too rich for my blood.

troybilt
08-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
i designed my own and ron davis wanted over $600 to build it for me. too rich for my blood.

I never said it was cheap... They didn't get back to me with a cost yet but I was assuming it would be that high or more. I'm waiting on my frame to get back from powdercoaters so I can measure it up.

jcs003
08-25-2010, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
I never said it was cheap... They didn't get back to me with a cost yet but I was assuming it would be that high or more. I'm waiting on my frame to get back from powdercoaters so I can measure it up.

definitly not cheap. but, top of the line. they are used on many race cars.

troybilt
08-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
definitly not cheap. but, top of the line. they are used on many race cars.

Yes sir and trophy trucks, baja buggies. I got wind of them thru the buggy circles that I roam in, or used to roam in.... They look like very, very nice designs. Plus they had provisions to add a 5" spal fan to the housing of the radiator which I liked (no modifing frame or special brackets..) and they weren't opposed to building custom rads for the 250r, in fact, they had a general interest... which in this day and age customer service means alot to me and the fact they didn't blow me off was inspiring.

As far as, fluiddyne, AFCO, PWR, JDR, It does go back to the "well if it works OK why spend the extra money"... I guess I can't argue with that...

troybilt
08-25-2010, 01:51 PM
jbltz450 your inbox is full...