PDA

View Full Version : Paypal chargebacks

250Renvy
08-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Has anyone ever had to deal with a paypal chargeback?

Obviously if you have money in your account they put it on hold/freeze it, but what if you don't have money in your account? Will they send collections after you even though you won the paypal claim?

onefast400ex
08-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey,
It is a major downfall with using paypal. A few years ago I sold a Raptor bottom end and the deal was complete and about six months had passed. The buyer was very happy and wanted to buy more parts. Anyways about six months after everything was said and done, paypal froze the amount in the account and said it was a chargeback for charging twice. I have no power to charge him twice with ebay and that never happened. It was a lot of aggravation and wasted time but, you have to call and talk with an agent. I have no idea what your chargeback was for but, don't wait, start showing them your records, and proof of transaction to straighten everything out. Paypal is a pain and it took about three months after the chargeback was filed to get straigtened out even when the purchaser also called to explain that he was charged once.

With paypal you have a backup card and I guess they will take your balance and than tap your backup funds.

ZeroLogic
08-24-2010, 08:04 PM
So if you have money sitting in your paypal account they can freeze it so you can't use it?

quad2xtreme
08-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
So if you have money sitting in your paypal account they can freeze it so you can't use it?
yep