PDA

View Full Version : 07 Suzuki LT Z400

mossyoak03
08-24-2010, 05:04 AM
i have been having a problem with my quad. it has been taking a while to start up and is running the battery down i have had to jump it off till it finally starts. in doing that the starter motor relay went bad and replaced it and its still doing it. once the quad is warm itll start no problem. also it won't idle as soon as you let off the gas itll die. my brother had it rejetted for 6K elevation in new mexico and i brought it to North Carolina. hes suggested to replace the spark plug and rejetting it. so i have ordered the rejet kit and will get the spark plug and clean the carb. real good today. is that what you guys think the problem is? thanks in advance.

markcoleman
08-24-2010, 06:11 AM
Yeah the jetting being set for 6000 feet above sea level might be an issue ;-) Do all 3 things your talking about and then get back here a let us know whats going on brother you sound like your on the right path.

MIZZOUrider89
08-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Yep, you have to re-jet it. When I go from Montana to Missouri I have to re-jet it everytime. Elevation and carbs don't get along.

mossyoak03
10-21-2010, 09:30 PM
the problem i was having was bc i need my valves replaced

twincat800
10-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Replace or re-shimmed? If there not in spec you dont neccesarily have to replace the valve just need to re-shim them to correct spec, also i would still recommend checking your jets.