PDA

View Full Version : Why we like the air box !!!

FISH ON!
08-23-2010, 07:12 PM
It doesn't get much worse than this and the quad never missed a beat in the MidEast Harescramble at Yadkinville. Stock airbox with a few "tweaks". First in class and first overall........great job Zach!

The Before......................

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/2010%20Racing/DSC05491-1.jpg

And after.............

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/2010%20Racing/DSC05497-1.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/2010%20Racing/DSC05511-1.jpg

There is a radiator in there somewhere and it works..........

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/2010%20Racing/DSC05518.jpg:) :)

dblacks
08-24-2010, 06:13 AM
Awesome!

I have a brand new take off airbox and intake listed for sale in the parts section.

edwardsp&b
08-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Great Job Zach!!

We are gonna have to rename you, Mudding Maniac, or Supernasty, Im sure we will come up with something.

Todd, I cant believe it didnt run hot. That radiator had to be gasping for air.

Bryan

riding4fun
08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
You need to weigh that thing with all the mud on it.

cwjr
08-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Awesome...cant wait to see everyone in NY.

EthansDad
09-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Thats amazing! great job Zack on the win, and great job Dad on keeping that running! I don't know how it didn't overheat. What's your guess on final weight??? +40lbs?

FISH ON!
09-14-2010, 05:29 PM
No idea on total weight but it was a bunch. Good thing Zach is only 85lbs. We're real happy with the oversized radiator from MaxRPM. I just got some custom outerwears we're gonna try to keep some of that mud off.

Full Throttle00
09-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Holy mud bath! You'll definately need some SLICK OFFROAD WASH to clean that one up:devil:

airmobile101
09-20-2010, 09:15 PM
I must have missed this thread. Very nice!:devil:

gdr8
09-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Hey I have used that SLICK OFF ROAD WASH and it really works, be interested if anyone else has used it and what there experiance has been.

We ride in some mud but nothing like that! What are your little tweaks you had to do to your air box to get it to work? The folks I know who have tied it took it off because they had poor luck with it.

I understand if your mods are your secrets, we all have them!!!

FISH ON!
09-21-2010, 02:58 PM
My son and I finally got around to detailing that quad this weekend. What a job. We like to make sure it always looks new at the starting line. Actually, I find it easier to work on a clean bike and it's easier to catch any problems. I definitely need to try some different washes though. I ran out of the spray we normally apply before the muddy races and I could tell the difference without it. I'm also interested in what wash works best. We have the very red and sticky clay in the south east. Ruins the color on a jersey after one ride.

edwardsp&b
09-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Hey Todd,
Wish yall would have made it out to durhamtown the weekend. Sundays race would have been right up Zach's alley. Needless to say the word of the day was MUD!!!!

EthansDad
09-23-2010, 11:54 AM
That a good shot Bryan! yea, they did "send in the quads" first to dry the track didn't they? Ethan even said to me on the line "I bet Zack would like this track, its muddy!"

We are planning on being out at the next one, hope to see you guys there this weekend.

-EA

FISH ON!
09-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Man where did the water come from? That is an awsome PIC! No rain here for weeks !!! I guess they must have watered the track a little too much or maybe a lot too much. We're headed to TN tonight for a GNCC race this weekend. I had to spend last Sunday working on the quad and getting the RV ready. Zach wanted to be there. Was that on the new track?

gdr8
09-23-2010, 08:29 PM
You are asking about what kind of bike wash to try. I have been using SLICK OF ROAD WASH for about a year now and I have found nothing better. The guys who developed it are from hawaii where they have the red mud and were tired of spending hours cleaning bikes. When we finish riding I spray it down with the wash and let it soak for about 10 minutes and then spray it off. This stuff works great, I don't even use a pressure washer any more for most of the times. You get a 6 oz packet which you mix in a gallon weed sprayer and you have a gallon of wash. A packet only costs $4.99 and will wash you quad 2 -3 times.
I sell it on my web site www.jrmotorsportsunlimited.com or go to thier site www.slickoffroad.com
Everyone at our local track that uses it has loved it. Quit using simple green or Muck Off and save yourself some time cleaning your bike.

edwardsp&b
09-24-2010, 06:35 AM
Yeah man that was the new track. It is pretty nice, although you have to deal with a bunch of sissy, crappy attitudes of dirtbike riders. They say stuff like "Whats that 4 wheeler doing out there on our track" or "Oh no! My son cant ride his dirtbike out there because those QUADS tore up the track" As muddy as that picture was tell me how we threw dirt out of the turns and tore up the track? They are going to keep on with me and Im going to start an anti-dirtbike movement!LOL

I need to send out props for the wonderfull photography to Ethans Mom. She did a great job with her new lens, that shot was pretty far off and it looks good.

E, I dont think we will make it this weekend. The kids have football all day Sat. and I would like to relax on Sun, if something comes up and we can make it I will call.

Todd, have fun in TN and try to get back out to race with us soon.

Bryan