PDA

View Full Version : zinc plated steel bolts by "specbolt"

CorvetteZ06
08-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Hey guys, did some research on some bolt kits, and I def. do not want to get the stainless steel bolt kits as many have had problems with bending/breaking. There is a company on e-bay, Specbolt that makes 10.9 grade rated steel bolts that are zinc plated for rust/corrosion protection. They look really good, and are the correct oem metric sizes, anyone have any experience with these? Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-QUAD-220PC-BOLT-KIT-TRX250R-FOURTRAX-TRX-250R-ATC-/390229014353?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_100

BCTRX
08-23-2010, 06:32 PM
I have used both kits. The Specbolt kit is more like OEM but far from complete for everything you need. The Stainless kit pretty much has every bolt you need. I found a combination of both kits worked best. I use mostly oem style bigger bolts and will use the stainless in the smaller sizes that maybe don't have to be as tight.

Hope this helps.

CorvetteZ06
08-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by BCTRX
I have used both kits. The Specbolt kit is more like OEM but far from complete for everything you need. The Stainless kit pretty much has every bolt you need. I found a combination of both kits worked best. I use mostly oem style bigger bolts and will use the stainless in the smaller sizes that maybe don't have to be as tight.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply! yeah, i don't need to replace every single bolt, just some of the ones that have taken a beating/are stripped because of the 22+years or so. do you recall what parts the bolts in this kit were good for?

Also, anyone know the grade of OEM honda bolts, I recall 8.8?

BCTRX
08-23-2010, 10:22 PM
If I remember correctly the specbolt kit has only the smaller shorter bolts.
Nothing for the A-Arms, shocks, motor mounts, swingarm etc. But it does come with an assortment of Flange bolts and nuts that the stainless kit does not include. The stainless kit only uses regular lock nuts and all allen head bolts

I have gathered quite a collection of metric bolts over the years so was in those bins as much as the kits

250Renvy
08-24-2010, 08:39 AM
I've had both kits, the specbolt kit is great for a bunch of smaller bolts, but not worth it IMO because half the parts are washers and other useless /cheap parts like screws that never get used.

You'd be better off just asking them to make you a complete kit with the parts you do need.

Like A-arms
Shocks
Motor mounts?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390220083752&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT