PDA

View Full Version : Lost key (hotwire) Help PLS 07

Phills450r
08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Long story short I used to race mx with a close friend of mine and in order for my "close" friend to get the 07 450r (new at the time) my dad had to co-sign for the bike because his moms credit blows. Time goes by.. I get out of riding and we go our separate ways and he hasnt told my dad he hasnt made a payment in 6 months. so we had to take the bike and he either lost the key or could careless finding it

Its a 07 electric start 450r

I am trying to save the money from having a key made just to make sure this thing runs fine before I sale it. Please help.

Scro
08-23-2010, 06:04 PM
If you take the switch into a dealer, they can match it up to the correct key. It won't cost much at all. You can also post a thread in the wanted section. You may be able to find the switch and all fairly cheap. There's no easy way to wire it up since it is electric start. You need some way to turn the power off to the battery. Even if there was, it would turn buyer's away seeing that it's been hacked.

DnB_racing
08-23-2010, 07:42 PM
actually its pretty easy, but Id rather not put it out there for everyone, and I strongly discourage you from doing it for the reasons scro stated, but if you want to do it your self you stand the chance of shorting out your system if you do it wrong

coreyflipp
08-23-2010, 10:47 PM
It costs 5 dollars at my local Honda shop to make a key if the ignition switch is out so they can see the code.

Ruf Racing
08-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by coreyflipp
It costs 5 dollars at my local Honda shop to make a key if the ignition switch is out so they can see the code.

^^ Actually ^^ All the dealer needs is the code number on the switch.

coreyflipp
08-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Ruf Racing
^^ Actually ^^ All the dealer needs is the code number on the switch.

Actually, you're absolutely right. They need the last three digits of the number. It's usually a letter like A-E and 2 numbers.

Phills450r
08-30-2010, 07:14 PM
dealer made me purchase a new ignition... couldnt get just the key but it was only 35 bucks. i didnt know it was going to be a cheap fix. thanks for the input.

id like to keep the bike and start back riding again. i miss it :(