PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football!!!

300ex_#387
08-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Anyone make a team? Who did you guys get in your draft?

HondaRacing83
08-23-2010, 12:15 PM
quite frankly i think that stuff is overrated

300ex_#387
08-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
quite frankly i think that stuff is overrated

Party pooper.

Anyone else?

ballzdeep38
08-24-2010, 09:12 AM
I have 3 leagues going this year. i had 4 last year, won 2, finished 3rd in 1, and somewhere around 11th in the last one.
we havent drafted in any of this years leagues yet

300ex_#387
08-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by ballzdeep38
I have 3 leagues going this year. i had 4 last year, won 2, finished 3rd in 1, and somewhere around 11th in the last one.
we havent drafted in any of this years leagues yet

I joined 2 leagues. One draft has started and the other starts friday. Here is my players for my first league.

Quaterbacks - Philip Rivers, Donovan Mcnabb

Runningbacks - Ryan Mathews, Joseph Addai, Matt Forte

Receivers - Vincent Jackson, Sydney Rice, Austin Collie, Nate Burleson, Robert Meachem

Tight ends - Antonio Gates, Visanthe Shiancoe

Kickers - David Akers

Defense - Vikings, Broncos

Needless to say im a chargers fan. I'm pretty happy with my backs and recievers. It sucks that Jackson cant play yet and is most likely switching teams and that Rice is injured and might not play the first few games. Mathews is going to be awesome this year. I'm trying to trade Mcnabb for Flacco. I think the falcons will make a super bowl run this year. The Bengals look good also.

mxduner
08-24-2010, 03:12 PM
over the years i've watched the fantasy thing get bigger and bigger, and got me thinking i should try some day, but with me getting older and older, i must be getting 'set' in my ways, and lack the initiative to try new things. Maybe i will just sit back and tune in for 1 more season:huh

300ex_#387
08-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
over the years i've watched the fantasy thing get bigger and bigger, and got me thinking i should try some day, but with me getting older and older, i must be getting 'set' in my ways, and lack the initiative to try new things. Maybe i will just sit back and tune in for 1 more season:huh

Its really simple and easy to do.

I'm kind of bummed now. Rice is out for half the season and im out one of my main recievers before the season has started.

mxduner
08-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Its really simple and easy to do.

I'm kind of bummed now. Rice is out for half the season and im out one of my main recievers before the season has started. yea thats no good that he's out. 8 weeks they say. the vikes have a bye i think after week 4. bet he returns after that.

Which league do you go thru? online or local stuff?

300ex_#387
08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
yea thats no good that he's out. 8 weeks they say. the vikes have a bye i think after week 4. bet he returns after that.

Which league do you go thru? online or local stuff?

Online. I have one league im in with my friends and I joined another with other people.

J.Brown121
08-24-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm in 2 leagues this year. My first draft is tomorrow night and I will post my team then:)

ballzdeep38
08-25-2010, 01:45 PM
"Quaterbacks - Philip Rivers, Donovan Mcnabb

Receivers - Vincent Jackson, Sydney Rice, Austin Collie, Nate Burleson, Robert Meachem

Kickers - David Akers

Defense - Vikings, Broncos"

QB - situation is kinda sketchy. rivers is down his best reciever and they arent going to have to throw as much with matthews replacing LT.

RB - Is good but not great. i see Matthews as a high end RB2 but not RB1 material. but who knows he may surprise like forte did his rookie year.

WR - your in trouble with Collie as your #1...

TE - very solid

K - very good for a kicker

DEF - vikings are a pretty solid DEF but the broncos dont scare anyone this year...

just my opinion...

300ex_#387
08-25-2010, 02:10 PM
"Quaterbacks - Philip Rivers, Donovan Mcnabb

Kickers - David Akers

Defense - Vikings, Broncos"

QB - situation is kinda sketchy. rivers is down his best reciever and they arent going to have to throw as much with matthews replacing LT.

RB - Is good but not great. i see Matthews as a high end RB2 but not RB1 material. but who knows he may surprise like forte did his rookie year.

WR - your in trouble with Collie as your #1...

TE - very solid

K - very good for a kicker

DEF - vikings are a pretty solid DEF but the broncos dont scare anyone this year...

just my opinion...

I believe rivers can make another Jackson out of his recievers.

Mathews is for sure going to be the chargers number 1 RB. I know its pre season right now but he has done very well so far in the games they have played.

Hopefully Jackson switches teams so I only lose him 3 games. He will be my #1 reciever. Right now im trying to trade rice but if i dont hopefully he can come back strong.

So far the broncos defense has been great in the pre season. Right now I have them over the vikings.

ballzdeep38
09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
ok just did my first of three drafts i have in the coming week. this one was an 8 team league. heres my team...

QB - Kevin Kolb, Big Ben

RB - Ray Rice, Pierre Thomas, Arian Foster, Matt Forte

Wr - Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, Johnny Knox, Louis Murphy

TE - Jermichael Finley

K - David Akers

DEF - Green Bay

Im not thrilled about my QB situation, but Matt Ryan is still on Waivers so im thinking of dropping Louis Murphy for Ryan...

lonnie1977
09-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Im in a league with 14 teams this year. I had 13th pick so my team is average at best. The best part about it is we all get together and have a big party for the draft and get to talk smack all season with each other. Good luck with your teams.

JR3
09-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by lonnie1977
Im in a league with 14 teams this year. I had 13th pick so my team is average at best. The best part about it is we all get together and have a big party for the draft and get to talk smack all season with each other. Good luck with your teams.

we use to all get together work on quads and talk smack nigga :(

J.Brown121
09-04-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm in a custom 10 team league on yahoo.com.

Heres my team..
QB- Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco
RB- Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall
WR- Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Miles Austin, and DeSean Jackson
TE- Antonio Gates
K- Mason Crosby
DEF- Dallas

300ex_#387
09-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm in 2 other leagues and this is my other 2 teams.

QB - Romo, Henne

RB - Frank Gore, Jonathen Stewart, Tim Hightower

WR - Randy Moss, Santanna Moss, Malcom Floyd, Chad Ochocinco, Dez Bryant, Voncent Jackson, Mario Manningham

TE - Antonio Gates

K - Dan Carpenter

D - Chargers

My other league

QB - Romo, Vince Young

RB - Jones-Drew, Ryan Mathews, Ahmad Bradshaw

WR - Percey Harvin, Miles Austin, Malcom Floyd, Devin Aromoshadu, Braylon Edwards, Austin Collie

TE - Brent Celek, Heath Miller

K - David Akers

DEF - Chargers

mxduner
09-09-2010, 10:02 AM
well i'm gonna give it a go. I signed up on yahoo. i didn't pick a custom league because this is my 1st time. it asked if i want to change the ranking of the players? what is the idea/strategy behind this. ex. c. johnson was 1st and a.pederson 2nd. both rb's. after that it was spread between rb's, qb's and wr's. Can someone explain this or give me a little direction? lol no wonder why i never done this before.

300ex_#387
09-09-2010, 08:05 PM
It just basically letting you pick a lineup that you want from the draft. Just pick people that you would like to have on your team and if they are availiable you can draft them.

mxduner
09-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Well i got thrown into a spot, but it didn't get me in by thursday night til after the vikes no game. I don't start till week 3. Also it auto picked my roster for me, and i think it must give the best available. here it is.

q.b.s manning'S

r.b.s chris johnson, jamaal charles, thomas jones both from kc

t.e.s jermaine gresham, jeremy shockey

wr's roddy white, ocho, santana moss,braylon edwards, eddy royal

k mason crosby

def arizona and houston

i got a trade offer for braylon for t.e. jermichal finley. havnt decided yet if i should. seems i am imo ok on wr's i might but i think i want better defense

how did week 1 go for everyone?

ballzdeep38
09-15-2010, 09:14 AM
not a bad line up for an auto draft. i auto drafted in one league this year and the team is mediocre at best.

QBs are good stick with them.

RBs are good. check your free agent/Waiver wire for Brandon Jackson from GB and pick him up if hes available.

WRs are just fine. im not a big fan of braylon myself.

TEs could use some help. I would take the trade for finley in a heartbeat then start looking for another WR on the waiver wire.

K is fine.

DEF could use a little help too. but arizona has some nice match ups.

overall not bad for an auto draft.

Week 1 i went 1-2. Forte killed me in 1 league, Foster saved me in another league, the third was close but R. Rice fell short for me on MNF...

mxduner
09-15-2010, 10:04 AM
not a bad line up for an auto draft. i auto drafted in one league this year and the team is mediocre at best.

QBs are good stick with them.

RBs are good. check your free agent/Waiver wire for Brandon Jackson from GB and pick him up if hes available.

WRs are just fine. im not a big fan of braylon myself.

TEs could use some help. I would take the trade for finley in a heartbeat then start looking for another WR on the waiver wire.

K is fine.

DEF could use a little help too. but arizona has some nice match ups.

overall not bad for an auto draft.

Week 1 i went 1-2. Forte killed me in 1 league, Foster saved me in another league, the third was close but R. Rice fell short for me on MNF... yea i did go thru with the trade. jackson was already spoken for, with the guy i did the trade with.

yea my thought's on the d also, but ari, well i factored in the div. lol

thanks, i think i'm getting this figured out and am excited. on to shoping around for some tweaks

300ex_#387
09-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Thats a good trade for braylon. I won 2 of my leagues and lost in another by 3 points :(. I had ochocinco benched and he had a good game. I had a guy trade me arian foster for santana moss. I hope foster keeps doing well. Forte also saved me in one of my leagues. He had a great game and it could have been greater if he wouldnt have gotten stopped on the goal line. How bout that bears game? The lions got screwed.