PDA

View Full Version : race ready dinli diamondback or modded skyhawk

hawaiianbasshed
08-23-2010, 01:07 AM
I know a guy who's selling one on CL for 2gs, I haven't looked at it in person for a long while before I got into quads I was at his house for some pitbike stuff. but he showed it to me then, I just had no idea what I was looking at besides the elka shocks lol. anyway, still don't know much about dinli bikes... it looks to me to be worth $2000 just for suspension mods but I'm not positive how long term reliable these bikes are and where to get replacement parts and such. I searched and came up with them being a china bike? so that tells me stick with a modded kasea skyhawk since parts are easier to find (my other buddy has one race ready with dual a-arms and stuff for like $900 with a spare fully running full motor supposedly) so I'm just trying to decide... the guy with the kasea hasn't put it on CL or anything so I don't have pix, but the dinli he uploaded pix on the CL ad..

hawaiianbasshed
08-23-2010, 01:08 AM
had issues last time dropping url's for pix so I'm doing it one at a time thru the sites pic dropper...

hawaiianbasshed
08-23-2010, 01:11 AM
last one... thinking I'll get the LT80 going good and sell it to get some cash to go towards something with better suspension and doesn't use the motor as a swing arm lol

I love the elka's on the dinli. but need to take a look at the kasea as it's supposedly got alot of money in mods as well and go from there I suppose...

off hand searches show me the kasea will be easier to source parts for when something breaks...

also trying to figure which will be a better roller should I find a donor motor from a clutch pitbike or something down the road lol elka's are showing some promise but like I said, other parts need to be repairable as well, frame being solid and arms and such, tie rods anything that may break from a crash or just regular abuse I mean riding lol

hawaiianbasshed
08-23-2010, 01:28 AM
oh btw, I know kasea's are a china bike to or taiwan or something but figure parts are more readily available.. but also searching is sounding like apex,drr, dinli, polaris, kasea and a few more are all interchangeable for alot of parts :confused: if so, what all is compatible and what's not? I'm getting mixed information on it lol

thequadfather+2
08-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Justin at Max RPM is a good point of contact for Dinli information. Not many folks out there running those anymore. I dont know jack about them or I would help, sorry.

Logan #34's Dad
08-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Okay, I'm going to give it to ya straight, as I always do. Anyhow, that Dinli would be okay but the Dinli is quite a bit heavier than the DRR/Apex/Kasea. Dinli's are outdated. Most of the engine parts are interchangable. However, Dinli rim bolt pattern for the rims are different. Dinli also does not ship their mini out anymore so replacment stuff will be hard to find. A Kasea is a single a-arm design which is no good for motocross and is outdated.
There are a couple factors to consider before you spend your hard earned money. i.e.: What is the rules for your series that you plan to run. Then, is your rider small is stature or tall and lankey? Try to guess how he will look in the future. With that being said, if he is or most likely will be tall (while eligible to race in the class) then you want an Apex (lil larger chassis than DRR), If he is small the DRR is a good choice. HOWEVER, If your planning future in racing, get a shifter or semi auto Cobra or Mod. CVT's are NO fun espeacially if your mechanical skills are limited. I wish I would have listened to ppl and done it a long time ago!
Hope this helps.

mushinracing
08-23-2010, 07:13 AM
cops never listen so dont feel bad rocky, you are what you are!
would you like a cup of coffe with that donut???????

Logan #34's Dad
08-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by mushinracing
cops never listen so dont feel bad rocky, you are what you are!
would you like a cup of coffe with that donut???????

I know where you live! Down south as well. Hehe.
Just remember, the next time your getting stripped searched at the airport OR on the side of the road - I may have something to do with it. LOL
AND - I eat bagels! All the donut shops have closed.

hawaiianbasshed
08-23-2010, 09:25 PM
no, the kasea I'm looking at is already modded with dual front a-arms PER side... supposedly at least...

here's a modded long travel kasea from another thread in the kasea section :D

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=3834287

if it looks anything like this I'm buying it lol.

he said he set it up for KMX already as his kid races but his kid is on kobra's now so doesn't run the modded kasea n-e more... but like I said, IF it's dual arm setup already and HOPEFULLY long travel I'm in for it :D if not, I can lowball him and get it for less and do the conversion myself. I don't plan on having my kid full on into MX it's more for fun, we do trail and track, mostly just playing around. but the suspension on the LT80 is rubbish. in fact, I cracked the case in half a few weeks ago but didn't change the bearings on the crank as I couldn't get it off... so put it back together with a spare top end I had laying around and it was running like crap. so I pulled it apart this past weekend and just 20 minutes ago or so finished grinding the crank bearing off the crank lol. so now I'm baking the new bearing to heat it to put it back on... but once I'm done I'm putting the OLD topend back on and see where that leaves me... hoping all is well and it runs good as the top end that was running crappy looks (after teardown again) like someone did a home port job and had no idea what they were doing.. so I'm hoping the original top end and new crank bearing fix my issues so I can feel comfortable selling it for cheap to someone and get something that doesn't use the motor as the swingarm :huh that's one of my main goals. and something with more than 3" of suspension travel would be the second goal for the new bike lol.

not sure where to take it after that, but I like long travel and good stuff so I may look into just getting a damm apex or something... new is only like 3gs so it's not that bad imo. but if I get something good I'll make sure I can upgrade it to a pitbike motor down the road :D just for more fun at a later time. don't really care about classes at that point :D just need a good roller to be worth putting a 155cc or so motor into.. then my kid can learn clutch on that bike instead of one of mine lmfao... I suppose I can just put the throttle limiter screw in far and let him rip around on my LTR... just need to put stock sprockets back on so it's not gonna wheelie on him lol

hawaiianbasshed
08-23-2010, 09:46 PM
sorry, couldn't get the url to work, not sure how to do it on this site :confused:

raidernut
08-23-2010, 10:10 PM
I think that is brandon smitleys bike. If it is then it is definately a good bike.

zach R 7x
08-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by hawaiianbasshed
sorry, couldn't get the url to work, not sure how to do it on this site :confused:

If that kasea is as nice as Smitley 's for $900 ,I would jump all over it !

I do not know Kevin or Brandon but I have seen their quad in person and it is top notch !

I do however find it hard to believe that you can get a quad this nice for $900, something sounds fishy!!

jmho

Ride1Rob
08-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
I know where you live! Down south as well. Hehe.
Just remember, the next time your getting stripped searched at the airport OR on the side of the road - I may have something to do with it. LOL
AND - I eat bagels! All the donut shops have closed.

lol, Send me a PM with his 43 and I can make it happen. Who doesn't eat Donuts? :devil:

nastynotchback1
08-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by hawaiianbasshed

We run a Kasea and love it.The one in the pic is a long travel and he Quoted me a price for it a month or so back.It was well beyond 900.00

hawaiianbasshed
08-26-2010, 02:14 AM
I ONLY posted the pic to show Kasea skyhawks are modded to run dual a arms lol.

the one guy was telling me something about how they come stock. I AM NOT paying $900 for a stock kasea when I could buy a brand new apex for $3,000 and long travel it down the road and be set... hell, I'D ride it if I got that sucker lol. basically I'm mainly interested in the $900 kasea if it has dual a-arm conversion done up already which supposedly it does. so I'd imagine it's long travel. I'm just hoping at least lol floats or elka's would be a bonus :D

leadsled01
08-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Dual A arm or not.....I have an eton 90 with extended single A arms that works VERY well for trail and occasional track riding. I say go for it.

hawaiianbasshed
09-04-2010, 11:01 PM
talked to my buddy and looked at the bike it was build by maximum rpm of texas and he told me the guys name I forget. that is where he got it max rpm... custom 1 off billet wheels and it was a national motor (ported) started with a 50 bottom I believe and built to LEGALLY stay in the 90 class (also said it costed 3x as much as it would've to make it a 125cc?).. said it was trenched for higher velocity and stroked not sure what all else... it's hella pipey and definitely sounds like alot more motor than our LT80... don't get me wrong our LT80 is pipey and I haven't seen too many mini's like this in person but I've never been to an MX race before youth or adult. I just ride trail and some small track, so it's a whole new realm to me lol.

our LT80 is nicely built and when I bought it, it already had a higher speed gearing set, FMF pipe if you can call them that LOL, and a large 26mm carb and v force reed setup (block is bored to accept the reed cage) and I suppose a few more mods. but it was a screamer too but the eton motor was SCREAMING lol. really punchy our bike isn't ported but it doesn't seem like our bike would put up much of a fight against something like these bikes lol. no wonder guys are running apex, cobra and modded out kasea's lol.

oh, he said to ask the max rpm guy if he remembers this bike since it's pretty 1 off for a bike built and shipped to HI, big island specifically :)

oh and they said they'd do $1500 for the dinli :)

hawaiianbasshed
09-04-2010, 11:11 PM
here's the side sticker ;) has that on the swing arm too... so almost no doubt it's from maximum rpm :D

he did tell me the 1st time I looked at it a year ago about it was from texas... didn't really pay much attention as I knew he said it was huge bucks so I wasn't interested in spending that much at the time...

mxdad423
09-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
If that kasea is as nice as Smitley 's for $900 ,I would jump all over it !

I do not know Kevin or Brandon but I have seen their quad in person and it is top notch !

I do however find it hard to believe that you can get a quad this nice for $900, something sounds fishy!!

jmho

Thanks, we spent alot of time and $ putting it togeather, but it has been a great machine.
not trying to hi-jack the thread, LOL, but Brandon's will be for sale after next week, we was going to keep it until the end of the season but with a win he will lock up the championship at the series we are running so it will be ready to be sold after next sunday if he wins.

Kevin Smitley

mmsoup
09-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Buy the Apex and a few KOSO 1500 WHITE springs and a variety of rollers. The Apex comes standard with 14.5" shocks that are rebound adjustable and a dual A-Arm LT suspension.

Let your rider enjoy that until the first set of rings starts losing compression and by then you'll know if you want to put the TIMEand MONEY into some real mods. We are running an Apex with significant upgrades to all components due to competitive needs.
It rips, and we spend a good deal of time under the hood as well. Fair warning, High Performance CVT quads REQUIRE a significant commitment.
We are racing 95% of the seat time on this machine and it is purpose built. I would not even consider putting this much time effort and money into a machine being used primarily for trail use. The Stock Apex would be fine.
Another thing, we race in the woods and honestly a 250 Raptor or Yammy 125 or a 250EX is a better choice for general riding than any of the Taiwanese quads. Primarily due to maintanence ease and ground clearance issues. Just try riding an Apex/DRR/Kasea or LT 80 for that matter on a real trail ride (Like you can have on the Windward side) and you will understand. They get hung up too easy on gnarly trails.

Just my opinion but one based on racing and riding in the woods if you are going to spend all of your time on an MX track then no issues

hawaiianbasshed
09-06-2010, 01:26 PM
our LT80 has quite a bit of ground clearance due to tires lol.

here's the snow hog 18"s next to the 20"s and 18"s on the bike currently... the 18" rears are quite a bit taller than snow hog 18"s and the fronts, well, that's not even a comparison lol. this is the trail setup. ground clearance is about as good as I'd expect any mini to have...

hawaiianbasshed
09-06-2010, 01:26 PM
here's a front shot :) you get the idea

hawaiianbasshed
10-10-2010, 01:38 AM
so... the kasea is sitting on a modded (cut down smaller) 250r frame. it has stock front components (250r) dual a-arms, works shocks, disc brakes and full hubs steering stem I imagine as well, forgot to ask but I did ask and it will use a 250r stabilizer so I think it was in the stock location. he said mainland guys do this mod. it still felt light when I was pushing it (didn't have a chain) this thing is quite a bit bigger than our LT80 lol it's bigger than a blaster I think...

it also has an elka rear shock, ITP wheels with kenda klaws all new, durablue axle pro taper bars, the motor is ported and it has a pipe. it did also come with the spare 110 stroker motor fully assembled and other stuff. hoping to run it tomorrow and see what it's got. has AC pro peg nerfs think 250r ones maybe I gotta ask the homie what all is 250r and what is kasea lmfao. sick bike for $800 tho for sure! got it started but the gas was like 2 years old and I imagine the carb needs a good cleaning at least of the jets...

link to some pix I took in the dark lol. will get more tomorrow and probably post a new thread :D

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/hawaiianbasshead/kasea905.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/hawaiianbasshead/kasea90.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/hawaiianbasshead/kasea902.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/hawaiianbasshead/kasea903.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/hawaiianbasshead/kasea904.jpg