PDA

View Full Version : transmission shot???

88dunerider
08-22-2010, 06:17 PM
so go to take my 2009 ktm 525 out to ride this weekend and was in first gear then had to back up put it in reverse and when i went to shift back into first there was a loud pop/bang . after letting the clutch out and startin to go there was a clunking comin from the tranny !!! i put it up got the rear tires off the ground and it still did it ! this bike only has 3 tanks of gas through it!! anybody else have these problems?

88dunerider
10-08-2010, 07:19 PM
so thought i would let you all know , i finally got my 525 back after being in the shop for 6 weeks , reverse , first , second and third gear were all shot . i only had about 15 hours on the bike just enough to break it in , ktm said that this was one of the first they have seen so just thought i would give you guys a heads up!

RG #43
10-16-2010, 09:18 AM
That blows, We have 2 450SX and 1 xc. Haven't had any tranny issues, knock on wood. Keep an eye on your rod at about the 40hr mark. Lower end play sets in and can do a lot of damage if you don't keep an eye on it.

minichopper
10-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Motor locked up and now it knocks really loud when you start it, any suggestions on what might have happened?