PDA

View Full Version : Latest Project/65,85 Mod

T@AFP
08-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Here are a couple pics of our latest project:
We used the stock but fully gussetted Pitster rolling chassis and changed out the suspension with:
ATV Four Play long travel A arms and swing arm. Also,we went with FOX Evols Gen. II on the fronts and a dual rate Fox Podium on rear.
Also:
KX65 engine,carb and electronics
YFZ450 radiator
Maximum RPM Beadlocks front and rear
Modified FMF exhaust
Maximum RPM grips
TPR nerfbars

It weighs with w/ fluids 275#

Very fun and stable quad to ride.

The engine was off a beat 03' bike. We will be sending out the engine to have some work done to it. Not sure to who though.

The next ones we will be doing are a RM85 and a CRF150R

T@AFP
08-22-2010, 11:47 AM
This is the first mini quad Fox was able to put the Evols on. Very sweet.

riding4fun
08-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Now that's what im talking about. Nice job

T@AFP
08-22-2010, 11:52 AM
more

Ride1Rob
08-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Nice job Tom!

T@AFP
08-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks it was alot of fun to build.
We started the Wednesday before Red Bud and we finished the Monday before Lorrettas. I was a crazy build. But we wanted to debut it a Lorrettas.
We had alot of positive feedback on it. The only issue we had was the engine was a turd. It's beat and needs TLC.
It was so nice sending it out for 3 practices, 1 race and 1 LCQ with 3 different riders and only had to fill it with gas and check the antifreeze.
Not like our frikin CVT!!

Ride1Rob
08-22-2010, 05:33 PM
I hear ya there man! Those cvt's are fast when dialed in but does take time to get them there as well as keeping them running top notch. I'd love to see your Pitster run. When you get some vids once the motor is dialed in give us some footage. You always make top of the line stuff and this is just one of many. What class would it be run in at Nats?

T@AFP
08-22-2010, 06:37 PM
It will be able to run in the 70 Mod class. But we are also building them for the 90 Mod and Super Mini class (CRF150R).

Like I said there was alot of interest in them.

We are doing a press release later this week with more details.

There is another website that wants to do a video of the stock Pitster 125, our Pitster 125 w/ suspensiion then this Mod. I will PM you when it's done. I won't be able to put it on this site.

Thanks again

edwardsp&b
08-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Hey I saw this quad at Lorretta's, and it looks really trick. Tom you did a nice job on that pitster. The pictures dont do it justice ,you need to see it in person.

I also saw the whole family riding it up to the line at one point, my Drr wont carry 3 people! LOL
Bryan

Ride1Rob
08-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by T@AFP
It will be able to run in the 70 Mod class. But we are also building them for the 90 Mod and Super Mini class (CRF150R).

Like I said there was alot of interest in them.

We are doing a press release later this week with more details.

There is another website that wants to do a video of the stock Pitster 125, our Pitster 125 w/ suspensiion then this Mod. I will PM you when it's done. I won't be able to put it on this site.

Thanks again

;)