PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder Pipe

oynot400
02-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Ok, I have made up my mind on the Hetrick pipe. I call Mike last night with a few questions and told him that I was going to get that pipe and asked his opinion. He was honest and said that he has not had any experience with that pipe. So he could not make a call on it. He still likes the Sparks pipe. However he said that GT Thunder makes a good hard hitting pipe. So has anyone run one of their pipes? :confused:

Extremeracer167
02-05-2003, 12:54 PM
T C

:o ;)

trx400ex
02-05-2003, 01:11 PM
TC

02-05-2003, 02:08 PM
one more of these pipe questiosn and i am gonna commit harry carry.;) . dude TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC TC . ok man u want quality and if you want power go with TC.

Dave400ex
02-05-2003, 02:57 PM
Well what the heck, TC all the way!!!!

Mity Mo
02-05-2003, 02:59 PM
Tony, I have raced against a couple of bikes equal to my motor work and I thought the Gt thunder hit harder in the mid range. Half the people are gonna say a TC pipe and never even seen one except in pictures. Best bang for the buck with the racers I have been against, The Hetrick is a Sparks. I believe they are made by the same outfit. Another pipe that impresses me is the LRD Big Bore pipe. I think from the list I would go with either of the Hetrick or GT Thunder. Mo;)

Dave400ex
02-05-2003, 03:06 PM
Actually all of us do have the TC. I agree for a full pipe the Hetricks would be the best bang for the buck...

Mity Mo
02-05-2003, 03:21 PM
The only thing is none of yous have a motor setup like the one he is running. The Tc is not the best on a fully stroked motor. Mo

trx400ex
02-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Well im not gonna get into argueing since i really dont know, but the TC silencer has got to be one of the most free flowing, right? It is straight through and pretty short compared to others. I dont see how those other pipes with the turndowns and crap inside could flow better, but like i said, ive never seen the inside of a gt thunder or sparks....i dont think ive ever even seen a GT thunder,:huh so i dont know....

02-05-2003, 04:35 PM
well TC told me (tom carolson sp) said that his scliencer works better when used for a bigger bore because of the fact that is a straight through scliencer. He actually built it for racers who have larger bores. He should get on here and explane itbecause he could explane it so it makes allot more sence. not like he has x tra time tho :rolleyes:

02-05-2003, 04:39 PM
Mo B.T.W I do have a tc pipe I think that if you are gonna spend all this money on a setup go with LDR. they are the best I have seen beside tc, and they havea really nice sound. One thing I really dont like abotu them is they are so damn big. It seems as tho if you get rearended(like in a holeshot) the thing would get all smashed up. But I think if I had to do it agine Iwould go with the LDR. :macho

BKVIEW4U
02-05-2003, 08:53 PM
i have seen a gt thunder pipe. the header pipe and silencer pipe are HUGE!!!!!!! bigger than any of the sparks,lrd,etc. stuff i have seen . it has got to make monster top end . i thought the pipe on my sparks x6 was big til i saw a gt thunder pipe . i want one

TDBRPH
02-05-2003, 09:52 PM
What makes the GT Thunder pipe worth $550.... I am leaning towards a Hetrick System but they are on backorder.

Later

Triston

Nausty
02-05-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by hondaquadman
well TC told me (tom carolson sp) said that his scliencer works better when used for a bigger bore because of the fact that is a straight through scliencer. He actually built it for racers who have larger bores. He should get on here and explane itbecause he could explane it so it makes allot more sence. not like he has x tra time tho :rolleyes:

the sparks silencer is strait through but the head pipe is a bigger diameter for the bigger bores or stroked machines. And the bigger the diameter the more torque and less restrictive and the longer the exhaust and thinner diameter the more top end. At least thats the way I understood it to be.

BKVIEW4U
02-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Nausty, reverse what u just said and u got it right . the smaller the pipe, and the longer the pipe, the more velocity= more torque

bigger and shorter is = more top end and hp

Evan
02-06-2003, 01:21 AM
No offense to you TC people but I dont see 350$ in the TC slipon, thats all it is, is a slipon. Thats nearly the price of most peoples full systems. Here I tell you what, give me your 350$ and I will cut the supertrapp for you. You know why the TC uses the suppertrapp...cuz there cheap, and he can buy em in bulk. He could take any slipon out there, chop it off and make the same if not more HP. Compare apples to apples, the TC is a short pipe, these other pipes are longer, and are more focused on noise level. Ill give Tom credit for something, hes smart, he knows how to make money, taking other products and selling them. Name one thing you can get from him that you cant get somewhere else.

Someone said a while back that Hetrick copied the Sparks design, I cant remeber the details.
GT sounds like a good pipe, they seem to know what they are doing and dont mind testing stuff.

BTW-sell those TC pipes b4 2yrs is up, they dont last much longer, they break.

oynot400
02-06-2003, 07:56 AM
I have never seen the GT pipe or heard of any one on here that had one. That is why I asked about it. Does any one have any pics of it? I checked their web site but it does not have any pics. Unless I am not looking in the right spot. :rolleyes: Mike @ FDO told me it was a hard hitting pipe. That is all I know about it, that it cost $550!
I will probably go with the Hetrick pipe. I do agree that for a built motor the best bet is an engine buiders pipe.
Thanks for all the help guys.....:D

BKVIEW4U
02-06-2003, 08:14 AM
id say there worth $550 if u want a hard hitting pipe. it looks great . huge pipe and short silencer . i just bought a sparks x6 a few weeks ago. . i will end up eventually with the gt thunder pipe when i do major motor work

02-06-2003, 08:21 AM
I believe the ONLY true difference in the LRD, Sparks and Hetrick pipes are the bends of the header pipes..the silencers are the exact same,,it's just the bend of the header pipe which will deliver a different power hit... Or you could run a custom setup like me and it'll crank out 13 more ponies...:huh

TDBRPH
02-06-2003, 08:46 AM
Just got an email for Lazarus w/ GT Thunder... He is prepping a bike for the dealer show with a system so he is going to send me some pics..... He did say that it is probably the loudest pipe out there so he recommends it for competition use only. He recommended the X6 or E-series full system if sound was a problem.....

Just thought I would share.....

Out of stock on coated systems but they have the non-coated ones in stock for around $400

Later

Triston

Mity Mo
02-06-2003, 09:37 AM
I believe the ONLY true difference in the LRD, Sparks and Hetrick pipes are the bends of the header pipes..the silencers are the exact same,,it's just the bend of the header pipe which will deliver a different power hit... Or you could run a custom setup like me and it'll crank out 13 more ponies...

Rico you surprise me......You found out my secret engine mod I have been working on!!!:blah :p Heres a tip .....Keep it on the down low though...dont want to give away to much... using Folgers increses sex appeal as well as power!!!:devil

02-06-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Mity Mo
using Folgers increses sex appeal as well as power!!!:devil

Yup,,and if you notice it's Light coffee..:eek: Helps keep the sleek racer look..:huh

Evan
02-06-2003, 12:05 PM
You just werent looking in the right spot :p ;)

Evan
02-06-2003, 12:07 PM

oynot400
02-06-2003, 12:11 PM
WOW!!!!:confused2 Thanks :D

02-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Looks like that sucka could shatter some ear drums..combined witha 463 Kit....:eek:

Dave400ex
02-06-2003, 02:49 PM
That GT Thunder pipe is huge. I bet that sucker would be loud. I still think the Hetricks is the best for the price....

kabd69667
02-06-2003, 06:17 PM
GT's pipe is loud. a little bit louder than mine (sparks) but the pipe is well worth the money. a local rider has one, his motor is built though. i cant really tell you much more though

02-06-2003, 07:44 PM
hey Tony all the guys that I talk to that run fdo motors with the GT thunder pipe love them Though I have not riden with one myself. The looks, fit and finish of the pipe is good. The reason that mike is so big up on it is because it really produces on the dyno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beware IT IS LOUD probly the loudest pipe I have heard!!!!!

PS my 463 should be done next week. The new rods just got there.