PDA

View Full Version : anti fade nut clip LSR

bmwspecialties
08-21-2010, 11:23 PM
ok so i bought a used LSR anti fade nut for my 86 250r. the problem that i am having is that it will not hold the axle together. when i tighten it up it just pulls the brake rotor and hub off the axle. i know that the stock anti fade nut uses a clip on the outside of it but the LSR part covers this grove for the clip. Is it possible that the anti fade nut that i have is for an extended axle and not a stock axle?
thanks for your help!

Dave83
08-22-2010, 08:27 PM
The LSR nut uses the circlip on the axle just like the stock nut.Thread the antifade nut back as far as it will go then put the circlip on the axle,even if you cant see the groove.Slide the clip under the lip of the antifade(it has a chamfer) and it should seat in the groove on the axle,the tighten the nut against it.There is no difference in a nut for an extended axle and a stock length one.

bmwspecialties
08-22-2010, 09:12 PM
First Thank You and Second I tried that I screwed it in all the way and then put the clip on and it was too far from the grove. so I took the clip off and put the anti fade nut back on and put some white out on the axle to see how far away it was from seating and there is about half an inch gap between the end of the nut and the groove for the clip. I know that the axle is in the carrier all the way because I checked several times with a hammer lol. maybe this anti fade nut is for another model quad IDK.

deathman53
08-25-2010, 05:18 AM
it could be for a 400ex or 450r. If it fits the 250r rotor, its for a 450r. I bought a anti-fade(250r) from a guy with the opposite problem, he used it on a 450r and the thread wasn't long enough to tighten up. He thought because they almost all use the same diameter axle, all would work and he got it for cheap.

bmwspecialties
08-25-2010, 06:24 PM
do you or does any one have a spec or a measurement on this anti-fade nut so i can compare it to the one i got? thanks

bmwspecialties
09-06-2010, 11:14 PM
OK I figured it out! So after much trial and error I wanted to go riding so I made it work. I put the antifade nut on then the clip still would not fit into the groove. So I micky moused it. I put a hose clamp on it and holy crap the axle stayed together the whole trip. When I got home I noticed something popping out of the anti fade nut. So i took it all appart and found out that there is a steel insert in the end of the anti fade nut to protect the aluminum. So I removed it and was able to screw the anti fade all the way in with out pulling the rotor with it, So I slid this metal insert on and it was binding. So I found out there was a ridge on the metal insert. I filed it down and then it fit just fine. I reinstalled it in the anti fade and put it back together with the clip and then backed it up to the clip and tightend the allen bolt. now it is working just fine. I guess that is what happens when you buy a used part huh. I hope this helps someone else thank you to all that helped!