PDA

View Full Version : got spark fuel compression wont run

bagger35
08-21-2010, 12:45 PM
i know its just another one but im desperate at this point. i was cruising and it just cut out. i got spark got fuel and compression. i just cant figure it out. maybe i thought the relay in the back but i cant tell if its that because it was wrapped into the stock wires with tape. i gotta get this thing running i gotta ride again. let me know if you know of anything that it could be

dalejiw25
08-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Not to sound rude, But did you maybe accidentally hit the kill switch on the handlebars ??? Funny but I did it once and towed my bike 2 miles out of the woods just to have a young kid fire it right up and laugh till he cried. If not that check the timing or you could have some bad gas.

bagger35
08-21-2010, 01:34 PM
no i took the killswitch out. i dumped the fuel and cleaned the carb. it was clean as a whistle. idk what else it could be

dalejiw25
08-21-2010, 01:39 PM
How about Fuses or timing ???? Air leak at intake manifold, Choke left on, Float valve sticking, bad coil,bad module, Malfunctioning valve decompressor, bad head gasket, stuck valve,clogged air filter........

fearlessfred
08-21-2010, 01:54 PM
pull the plug after cranking several times and see if its wet with fuel. if its not wet ,then u are not getting fuel to the motor. im asumming u checked for spark with a fresh plug with it grounded out of motor

hocman123
08-21-2010, 02:55 PM
i would also check timing and ur tensioner when it breaks it wont run

bagger35
08-24-2010, 03:45 PM
well i finally figured it out. it was nothing that anyone said. my piston was burnt and scored and the cylinder is pretty much screwed too. we ripped it apart the other day and ive never seen a piston look like this one does. ill put a couple pictures up a little later..... thank you for all your help but i got it all figured out

hocman123
08-24-2010, 04:47 PM
sounds like it time to bore i sugest a 416 with lets say 10-1 compression add a stage 2 hot cam and u wont belive the defferance