PDA

View Full Version : Vibrations

Viktor_trx400
08-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Hello, I have a gasgas quad with a gasgas dirtbike engine mounted. After a entertainment day always several motor mounts appear cracked due to vibrations. What can i do to eliminate engine vibrations?

thanks

jcs003
08-20-2010, 12:19 PM
add urethene bushings to the mounts. fill frame with urethene. anti-vibe bars, stem and mounts. maybe others will have something add.

Viktor_trx400
08-21-2010, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
add urethene bushings to the mounts. fill frame with urethene. anti-vibe bars, stem and mounts. maybe others will have something add.

What is it urethene?

What do you think about nylon bolts for engine mounts?

quadinfamily
08-26-2010, 06:19 AM
why is vibration ? the motors have a count balancer in them . is something broke in the engine ? i have my for 5 years and never had a problem with the motor mounts .

Rootar
08-26-2010, 08:08 AM
make sure that all enige mount bolts are tight before you ride and use loctite on them, all hybrids will vibrate and break stuff if you let and engine mount come loose.

Viktor_trx400
08-26-2010, 11:23 AM
the engine is from a dirtbike and isnĀ“t counterbalanced. I check engine motor mount bolts every ride. Finally i have decided to buy a gasgas engine from a quad and keep the dirtbike engine for pieces. thanks for the replies

250Renvy
08-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Since you are in Spain could you do me a favour?

I have a GasGas quad and would like to buy a new motor or add reverse to a gasgas that doesn't have reverse.

Have you ever been able to contact them? It is very hard for us over here.

Could you see if the reverse feature can be added later to a quad or if complete motors can be bought?

Viktor_trx400
08-27-2010, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Since you are in Spain could you do me a favour?

I have a GasGas quad and would like to buy a new motor or add reverse to a gasgas that doesn't have reverse.

Have you ever been able to contact them? It is very hard for us over here.

Could you see if the reverse feature can be added later to a quad or if complete motors can be bought?

The reverse is a bad Spanish invention.

I think you only need the electrical system, but not sure. This weekend i am going to talk about "adding reverse" with a friend. I will tell you the solution as soon as possible.

To buy a engine and send you to USA is very expensive.

250Renvy
08-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Viktor_trx400
The reverse is a bad Spanish invention.

I think you only need the electrical system, but not sure. This weekend i am going to talk about "adding reverse" with a friend. I will tell you the solution as soon as possible.

To buy a engine and send you to USA is very expensive.

That's what I thought, but would like to know if that's all that's needed and if they sell those parts.

The reverese I don't think is a bad Spanish invention because all of our snowmobiles have the same thing.

Cost wouldn't be an issue as long as it's less than a whole machine, I would just like to know if it's possible to buy just an engine.

I look forward to hearing from you.