PDA

View Full Version : one way clutch

BKLEM
08-19-2010, 11:35 PM
can anyone tell me what this is, my wheeler is messed up and people are telling me this is whats wrong but idk lol

honda400ex2003
08-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I dont think it it a one way per say. there is no one way bearing or anything in it. the plates can only go in one way but they can be switched or flipped. they have to go in the correct order to get them all in right. they also have to go in the correct slots for it to work properly. It has been quite some time since i had mine apart so i cant tell you exactly how it goes but i know the end one goes offset from the rest. lol thats it without having it in front of me lol. sorry. steve

Scro
08-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
I dont think it it a one way per say. there is no one way bearing or anything in it. the plates can only go in one way but they can be switched or flipped. they have to go in the correct order to get them all in right. they also have to go in the correct slots for it to work properly. It has been quite some time since i had mine apart so i cant tell you exactly how it goes but i know the end one goes offset from the rest. lol thats it without having it in front of me lol. sorry. steve

I believe he may be talking about the starter clutch. What exactly is it doing?

honda400ex2003
08-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Very possible. lol http://www.smilieshq.com/smilies/sign0007.gif (http://www.smilieshq.com)

steve

BKLEM
08-20-2010, 04:11 PM
ya its definitely my starter, its as if the starter is spinning very fast but not turning the engine over. I pulled off the cover to my starter to check the main gear but everything looked good.

Pipeless416
08-20-2010, 04:21 PM
you'll need the one way starter clutch as mentioned. once you get it, take off the left lower engine case, AKA the stator cover. with that off, you will need to position a wrench to hold the crank and back out the bolt in the center of the flywheel. you will need a flywheel bolt puller to remove the flywheel.. perfect time for a sparks key!!!...if you don't have one.. it comes with the bolt. once the flywheel is out, theres about 6 allen head bolts in it. take those out, take the gear that is now loose off the back, and the last thing there is the starter clutch. replace that and you're good to go.

BKLEM
08-21-2010, 11:26 AM
hey thanks a lot you guys, im at school now so its probably going to be next year til i get it fixed but i still wanted to figure out whats wrong with it