PDA

View Full Version : an open letter from js7 via twitter

mxduner
08-19-2010, 10:03 PM
concerning unadilla and the mxon

here is the link (http://js7.com/2010/08/an-open-letter-from-james-regarding-unadilla-and-mxon/)

however it says page not found. I wonder if something was said that caused some kind of damage...

ballzdeep38
08-19-2010, 11:09 PM
i read the letter the day it was released. i was actually surprised that he was able to release a statement like that. for those that didnt get a chance to read it, it was a detailed account of his trip to unadilla and what his thought process was in each of the motos. he also gave his side of the mxon story. he pretty much stated that the usa mxon board lied to him about having a shot at the team this year (which cant be good for his PR with them). if his side of the story was true i can understand why he is upset. at the same time he had been out of racing for the past 8 months and short and dungey had clearly earned a spot on the team.i think it was a mistake for him to make those kind of statements against the mxon. the part detailing his ride at unadilla was good though i thought...

ProspectorJim
08-19-2010, 11:15 PM
http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2010/ama-mx-james-stewart-an-open-letter

300racer
08-20-2010, 11:31 AM
i dislike james more and more every year. i always thought he was a cry baby. then he stopped racing and did bubba's world and said he needed a break. if i walked in and told my boss i was going to take the summer of cause i needed a break i would be **** canned! and know his bike wansn't set up properly so he pulled off? seriously? there are 39 other riders out there and 38 of the riders rode on a bike not setup properly and most of them do every week and have no shot at the title but they still show up and they still race. and they don't get the big factory money that he is getting. i think they should drop his butt and let someone that wants to race take his spot.

jesseweaver
08-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
i dislike james more and more every year. i always thought he was a cry baby. then he stopped racing and did bubba's world and said he needed a break. if i walked in and told my boss i was going to take the summer of cause i needed a break i would be **** canned! and know his bike wansn't set up properly so he pulled off? seriously? there are 39 other riders out there and 38 of the riders rode on a bike not setup properly and most of them do every week and have no shot at the title but they still show up and they still race. and they don't get the big factory money that he is getting. i think they should drop his butt and let someone that wants to race take his spot.

which is EXACTLY what he did. he has no shot at the title and no reason to be out there at all except he wanted to race and he thought he owed it to his fans. hes taking a huge risk, he is under an SX only deal and if he gets hurt and is out of that he is screwed. but he showed up and raced anyways just because he wanted to. and he didnt really take a break to do bubbas world. like i said hes under an SX only deal. sure he might have rode more this summer, but as of now he has like 4 months to get seat time in and set up his bike which is more than enough time. and look at it from san manuals position... why would they even think of dropping him?! hes the biggest most popular and most recognized figure MX has ever seen. whenever someone sees him, they see san manual. how many people have heard of kyle chisolm? exactly. no exposure

300racer
08-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
which is EXACTLY what he did. he has no shot at the title and no reason to be out there at all except he wanted to race and he thought he owed it to his fans. hes taking a huge risk, he is under an SX only deal and if he gets hurt and is out of that he is screwed. but he showed up and raced anyways just because he wanted to. and he didnt really take a break to do bubbas world. like i said hes under an SX only deal. sure he might have rode more this summer, but as of now he has like 4 months to get seat time in and set up his bike which is more than enough time. and look at it from san manuals position... why would they even think of dropping him?! hes the biggest most popular and most recognized figure MX has ever seen. whenever someone sees him, they see san manual. how many people have heard of kyle chisolm? exactly. no exposure
no exsposure but at least he goes out at races and not just pull off cause his bike wasn't to his liking. he raced to get on the mxdn team and when he found out he wasn't on it he quit! and made an excuse. i don't think he did it for his fans if he did he wouldn't have quit in the 2nd moto. i understand san manuals side of it i just think there are other people out there that want to be there and after watching stewert on bubba's world compain and act like his life sucked cause it was motorcycle's 24/7 i don't think he wan'ts it to bad there are a million other people and at least 30 pro's that would love to have what he has and would put the hard work in and not complain about how it sucks that all he gets to do is ride a bike all the time and train.

rbgnwa45
08-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Unfortunately, the second moto didn't quite go so well. As the track got rougher, our lack of bike preparation showed even more. After getting a bad start, I was just fighting with the bike; it was way too stiff and just not set up properly. At that point, I really had nothing to gain by staying out there, so I just decided to pull off, lick my wounds, and learn from the weekend.

A pro will know the limits of his bike better than any of you can complain about him pulling off. Besides skill, maybe wins all the time because his bike is setup properly?

I don't think they "straight-up" lied to him, "I would be given a shot at being on the team", which means a chance, and they could have just as equally given him a chance and picked other riders. Now if MxoN said "you're on the team", but when he got there the positions were filled, that'd be a straight-up lie.

Has Kyle Chisolm won anything?

jesseweaver
08-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
no exsposure but at least he goes out at races and not just pull off cause his bike wasn't to his liking. he raced to get on the mxdn team and when he found out he wasn't on it he quit! and made an excuse. i don't think he did it for his fans if he did he wouldn't have quit in the 2nd moto. i understand san manuals side of it i just think there are other people out there that want to be there and after watching stewert on bubba's world compain and act like his life sucked cause it was motorcycle's 24/7 i don't think he wan'ts it to bad there are a million other people and at least 30 pro's that would love to have what he has and would put the hard work in and not complain about how it sucks that all he gets to do is ride a bike all the time and train.

if he wasn't racing for the fans and because he felt like it, and he just wanted to be on the MXoN team he would stop now and focus on SX. but trust me he's gonna be at southwick steel city and pala and giving it his all every weekend

300racer
08-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
A pro will know the limits of his bike better than any of you can complain about him pulling off. Besides skill, maybe wins all the time because his bike is setup properly?

I don't think they "straight-up" lied to him, "I would be given a shot at being on the team", which means a chance, and they could have just as equally given him a chance and picked other riders. Now if MxoN said "you're on the team", but when he got there the positions were filled, that'd be a straight-up lie.

Has Kyle Chisolm won anything?
i don't know if he has or not the other guy was using him as an example so i just went with him. lol but i know he know's the limits of his bike and instead of going ahead and finishing the moto with a top 10 he just quit's. there are 39 other riders on that gate and all of them know if the bike is setup well or not and only 2 or 3 of them is prolly happy with they way there bike is setup but they are not the only 2 or 3 that finish the race. all i was saying is that guys like kyle chisolm even tho they have not won any big races still go out there and bust there butt's every day and stewert acted like his life was so bad on the first episode of bubba's world because his life is motorcycles 24/7 and he don't get time away. but neither do the other 39 riders out there they do it ever day also and all year long with no time off and prolly not even half the pay he gets and even tho they are no where near as talented as j.s. is they should be on a factory bike. let him ride on a privateer team and see how bad he really has it. why was he out for 8 weeks? was it really just for a broken wrist? cause chad reed had a broken wrest and was back by st. louis. he might have had more than just a wrest injury i don't know but if it was just the wrist he should have ran the last part of the sx series for the fans and his team if he was racing for his fans.

jesseweaver
08-21-2010, 05:10 AM
where do you come up with this stuff? only 2 or 3 guys out there are happy with how there bikes set up??? they've all been testing and riding all year and have their bike set up perfectly. JS didnt race at all this year yet and didnt know where he was with his bike, and obviously it was set up poorly. and i still dont understand why san manuel should drop a popular rider and pick up an unheard of provateer just because he wants to ride more?

thats like saying the US should pull all the troops out of iraq and send all the 7 and 8 year olds over because they want to fight more

300racer
08-21-2010, 08:52 AM
yeah the riders have been training all year but they change bike setup at every tack some get it right and some miss the setup just like any other form of racing. and i know why san manuel don't drop stewert i was just saying if he wants to complain about it then give it to someone that wont my football coach did this when i played there was some good players that sat the bench a few games cause they wanted to complain and not work as hard as some of the less talented kids.

i bet the troops in iraq don't stop fighting because they don't like there gun lol

rbgnwa45
08-21-2010, 11:08 AM
They've been setting up bikes for years and years, how could they not be at the least very close to the desired settings? Isn't it only suspension and tire choice? They're suspension guru's and they suck at it? No.

ryan243
08-21-2010, 01:18 PM
There is waay more involved than suspension and tire choice. Teams test for months on their outdoor setups, Stewart came in with minimal testing, obvious mistake.

jesseweaver
08-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by ryan243
There is waay more involved than suspension and tire choice. Teams test for months on their outdoor setups, Stewart came in with minimal testing, obvious mistake.

no not really, he accomplished what he wanted to

jrspawn
08-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Bubbles has broken through to the reality star side of things, the drama has only just started!

Im not a fan of him at all, but ill be the first to admit that in his prime he was without a doubt the fastest man out there(wreckless as can be...) The crap he pulled at unadilla was pretty messed up for his fans.

The crap about him "returning for the fans", well seemed to be crap. This was a huge thing for his fan base, and to just pull off "because the bike setup was off" is a joke! Pure disrespct for his fans.

We have all seen him play lawn darts in many races, get up, bike busted up as can be, and go back at it.

If he cared about his fans he would have came back, gave it all he had, and made his fans happy that bubba is back(regardless of where he finished). But instead, he threw a fit and pulled off because he knew he had no chance at winning.

And if you guys believe for a second that his "setup" was soo off it has almost unrideable, your crazy.

These race teams are on a whole different level. They try to play it off as they just took a stab in the dark on setup and it was wayyyyy off. Give me a break, these teams take setup to about a scientific level. Its just an easy excuse to blame for not finishing good. Again, the guy has ridden half bent up crashed bikes from last to first before in the past.......

And lastly, they make it seem like theres been no training, bike time, and the SX only team deal. Reed summed it up a while back when he had been off for a while, "its not rocket science, you dont loose it being off the bike for some time". They try to make it sound like they are totally lost when it comes to riding outdoors, they are SX only. That just makes me laugh.

yellowzo3
08-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Bubbles has broken through to the reality star side of things, the drama has only just started!

Im not a fan of him at all, but ill be the first to admit that in his prime he was without a doubt the fastest man out there(wreckless as can be...) The crap he pulled at unadilla was pretty messed up for his fans.

The crap about him "returning for the fans", well seemed to be crap. This was a huge thing for his fan base, and to just pull off "because the bike setup was off" is a joke! Pure disrespct for his fans.

We have all seen him play lawn darts in many races, get up, bike busted up as can be, and go back at it.

If he cared about his fans he would have came back, gave it all he had, and made his fans happy that bubba is back(regardless of where he finished). But instead, he threw a fit and pulled off because he knew he had no chance at winning.

And if you guys believe for a second that his "setup" was soo off it has almost unrideable, your crazy.

These race teams are on a whole different level. They try to play it off as they just took a stab in the dark on setup and it was wayyyyy off. Give me a break, these teams take setup to about a scientific level. Its just an easy excuse to blame for not finishing good. Again, the guy has ridden half bent up crashed bikes from last to first before in the past.......

And lastly, they make it seem like theres been no training, bike time, and the SX only team deal. Reed summed it up a while back when he had been off for a while, "its not rocket science, you dont loose it being off the bike for some time". They try to make it sound like they are totally lost when it comes to riding outdoors, they are SX only. That just makes me laugh.

Very good points... I do like Stewart but I did lose a little respect for him after this nonsense.

Him having his setup off is a horrible excuse like you mentioned. He's raced outdoor races countless times and won an insane amount as well. I find it nearly impossible for them to have no clue about how he likes his bike setup. I'm sure they have all kinds of folders and programs with stuff written down from previous races and seasons (like many other race teams in various sports)... Even if his setup was "off" he could have finished the race with no problem.

Not to mention the tracks he's been at recently practicing for his outdoor return... Plenty of videos of him online tearing it up at tracks getting some seat time in.

Here's what pretty much happened in my eyes:

-Stewart wants to be on the MXoN team
-He's told he must come back for this race in order to have a chance
-He gets to the race and finds the team has already been chosen and he's not on it
-He's pissed off and now has no reason to race any outdoors at all this year
-Pretends his bike setup is off and pulls off the track so he doesn't have to race.

-He could care less about the fans... He just wanted to be on the MXoN team and when he found out he wasn't on it he halfassed the weekend and didn't even finish the race.

It IS messed up that they told him he had a chance for the team and then picked the team before he got there but the riders that made the team deserve to be there imo... especially Short.

jesseweaver
08-22-2010, 05:49 PM
yea thats true, im so glad shorts on the team this year, he really deserves it.

and that is a good point about him crashing and getting back up and going on beaten up bikes, i've never thought about that. and i really dont like him but i will admit, idk if i've ever seen someone who coes through the brutal crashes that he does and gets back on the bike. idk i think hes losing that nowadays though

SRH
08-24-2010, 12:33 PM
i dont think hes lieing about his setup being off, i watched the first moto and it almost bucked him off a few times when he started to push hard, and that 2010 yz is what tedesco and those guys call the jack hammer, im hearing this bike rides extremely rigid, im sure with there minimal outdoor testing and the fact there a supercross team affected there ability to have this thing dialed

also dont forget dilla is the track everyone was shouting n*gger at him a couple yrs ago

so im sure going out there , on a bike thats not dialed outside of your contract on someones word then finding out they lied to you just to draw some hype back to the series is enough to piss anyone off

dont forget theese riders are out there to make a living, and james is good at that, but nationals are like working at mcdonalds, sx is like owning it, he probably made more off the exposure from his show than he would have all mx season last yr

somebody should bring up the first moto off alli sports, stewarts bike bucked him a couple times as soon as he pushed it beyond where he rode

mxduner
08-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by SRH

also dont forget dilla is the track everyone was shouting n*gger at him a couple yrs ago

That really happened? that's aweful. I thought i heard that happened overseas, but in a f1 race.

About the jack hammer, is there anything in his contract with yamaha, that requires him to ride the '10 450? maybe could he run the 09 model. grant was just out riding the 2 smoke, maybe just run that beast... he was riding it at his open riding day last summer also.

i'm not to informed on contract details with san manuel and it's ties with yami.
but perhaps jgr needs to help them out:chinese:

SRH
08-24-2010, 02:13 PM
im sure stewart is contracted to ride the current model, be bad for the company if they had new state of the art bikes but the top man chose to ride a older version

if u ever been to dilla u know the crowd especially yrs back was more like a rock concert than a family mx....one corner they were all chanting it when hed come thru, i think its when him and carmicheal were battling

jrspawn
08-25-2010, 08:59 PM
http://www.racerxonline.com/article/stewart-out-of-ama-nationals-8-25-10.aspx

hmmmm..... "I’m not ready to race at this level" :huh

But he threw the whole big fit about not being GIVEN a spot to represnt the USA in the MXON. So im guessing the MXON is a lower level of racing he would be able to race? Man, his press releases/blogs just keep getting better and better.

mxduner
08-25-2010, 09:07 PM
i seen that on my twitter page. Does anyone want me to post his 'tweets' in response to the replys from that article?

SRH
08-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
i seen that on my twitter page. Does anyone want me to post his 'tweets' in response to the replys from that article?

yes

jcv400ex
08-26-2010, 12:53 PM

But he threw the whole big fit about not being GIVEN a spot to represnt the USA in the MXON. So im guessing the MXON is a lower level of racing he would be able to race? Man, his press releases/blogs just keep getting better and better.

I'm not a Bubba fan at all....but i'm taking it as he's not ready to race because he doesn't feel comfortable trying to keep up with the other guys on the motocross track. I respect that. Finishing 10th every race can really mess with a guys head who's use to winning on a supercross track. But there isn't a better way to train than being out on the track competing. I hope JS is in top notch shape and ready to go at Anaheim.....he'll need the energy!!

mxduner
08-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by SRH
yes ok i will put his tweets in order they where written

I just hope that you guys can understand. It's been a very tuff decision but the right choice was made. I'm sorry that I let you guys down.

It's been a long road to come back and unfortunately it was to soon. Ok I'll let some people run with that, but I'll admit when I'm wrong

a little later

I stand behind my team and sponsors and they stand behind me. But I wanted to personally say I'm sorry to my REAL Fans. It's far from over.

For the people who called me a quitter, I want to say..... Thank you. That means you care about me enough to call me one. :)

Thank you for all the love. I'm reading the comments and they are putting a huge smile on my face. Thank you again.

Wow I'm totally beside myself by reading these comments. Thank you thank you thank you. Wow this is awesome

This is why when I race, I go wide open bc of the support I get from you guys. Win or Crash trying.

well there you have it. sx 2011 will rock with him reed rv and rd. hope they all ride on top of there game and they all stay healthy

300ex_#387
08-27-2010, 08:15 AM

He never said he wanted the spot GIVEN to him. He wanted to race these last few nationals and try and earn it.

jrspawn
08-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
He never said he wanted the spot GIVEN to him. He wanted to race these last few nationals and try and earn it.

He couldn't even finish two Motos, how was he planning on earning a spot on the team?

300ex_#387
08-27-2010, 10:28 AM
He couldn't even finish two Motos, how was he planning on earning a spot on the team?

I wasn't arguing with you there. I'm just saying he wasn't asking for it to be given. Obviously he wasn't ready and he now knows and admits that.

SRH
08-27-2010, 04:04 PM

cracks me up, short rides around in 3rd, 4th and 5th all yr, stewart comes back with lil prep and runs those positions effortlessly, but stewart sucks and short is the man

im sure stewarts heart wasnt in it to run those motos with a out of shape body and bike when he knew he wasnt getting on the team, so why take a chance on getting hurt for 3 more races that mean nothing....put him out of the sx season which is more prestigous

you guys gotta stop hating on him

300ex_#387
08-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by SRH
cracks me up, short rides around in 3rd, 4th and 5th all yr, stewart comes back with lil prep and runs those positions effortlessly, but stewart sucks and short is the man

im sure stewarts heart wasnt in it to run those motos with a out of shape body and bike when he knew he wasnt getting on the team, so why take a chance on getting hurt for 3 more races that mean nothing....put him out of the sx season which is more prestigous

you guys gotta stop hating on him

No offense to jrspawn or anything. Most of his posts are pretty good but he is a die hard Reed fan. That makes an anti stewart fan. I can see points from both sides. The only thing we can do is sit and wait some more.

yellowzo3
08-27-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm a Stewart fan but he deserves all the hate he's getting from this. Why? Because he's lying and trying to cover himself up. Be a man and tell the truth Bubba.

The only reason he came back to race the outdoors was so he could be on the MXoN team. He didn't get on it so he was all pissed off I'm sure. Why can't he just fess up and tell everyone the REAL reason he didn't finish the race was because he didn't make the team and had no reason to complete both motos, let alone the other 3 races.

Yeah, his bike setup may have been off... but I'm 100% sure he could have finished the race. He looks like a crybaby pulling off instead of sticking it out and at least completing all the laps. He sure as hell didn't return for his fans seeing as he pulled off and isn't doing the rest of the races. One excuse after another from him. I'll be rooting for Short this SX season. :cool:

Guy400
08-27-2010, 06:06 PM
I always liked Bubba but this stunt didn't help his reputation at all. Of course I'm just a fan on the distant outside but it seems like he's too consumed with his reality TV show than racing.

jrspawn
08-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
No offense to jrspawn or anything. Most of his posts are pretty good but he is a die hard Reed fan. That makes an anti stewart fan. I can see points from both sides. The only thing we can do is sit and wait some more.

No offense taken here. Hopefully no one on here takes offense to these post. Its all in good fun, racing, and standing up for our favorite racers.

To say I'm a reed fan is an understatement lol. Probably one of his biggest fans. But i can honestly say that is not why I'm anti Stewart. Actually liked him at one point and time. But then then he became more of a hazard then a racer.....

Out of shape? Don't kid yourself on that either. He has the absolute best trainer in the world when it comes to this sport. Out of shape is not an option.

rbgnwa45
08-28-2010, 10:33 AM
1st is great, but shouldn't he be happy with 3rd, 4th, or 5th? Especially with settings that aren't to his liking. He's won these outdoors before, and has been way ahead of the field during those races. What's he going to do if he's in second place during an outdoor and he pulls off because he thought he wouldn't get 1st? That's so lazy!

SRH
08-31-2010, 11:14 PM
all the hate you guys must lead miserable lives hahaha

short....shorts just another windham he doesnt have anything for stewart...he can ride around in 5th, ppl like that

dungey can win 1 more yr before he gets a pack of haters

i honestly think stewart is going to come back swinging, hes a smart guy though, hes made good money, why risk his neck anymore, the mx community as a whole has never given him much credit no matter what,and at this point i dont think he cares what opinions are out there i dont blame him for pulling off, if ur not winning why be out there taking the chance of a freak accident and ruining his sx season?

i dont hate any riders out on the track i have my favorites but i enjoy seeing them all

i wish jlaw would get his stuff together....id love to see him come back and win

my favorite riders right now are probably

stewart, reed, jlaw, pourcel, hansen, windham and grant