PDA

View Full Version : droid incredible vs iphone

yellowhonda400
08-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Im getting a new cell phone soon and was thinking about getting the incredible (im verizon) but its $299.99 which is a little high for me. I havnt heard anything bad about the phone yet but no1 i know owns one. so my question is, is it worth it to switch to at&t buy a used iphone and use that or stay with verizon. I dont care about where you get service and all of that its more about price/reliability. thanks for any input

exrider12
08-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Wait until february. Verizon gets the Iphone :cool:

finsteratv
08-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
Wait until february. Verizon gets the Iphone :cool:
thats what i heard to. i have a friend whos mom has a droid and she really likes it

exrider12
08-19-2010, 09:32 PM
Verizon is my brothers client and they tried to get him to use a Droid. He refused because of the bad reviews from his colleagues.

But Verizon has told him the Iphone will be coming early next year.

yfzrider690
08-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I would get the incredible over a iphone, the processor is twice as fast, the camera is better and the new htc phones are sweet. My buddy has the incredible and loves it, he used to have a blackberry. I have sprint so I got the evo, this phone is by far the best one I have ever had. There are plenty of free apps to in the market place. I would do some comparing before you decide, just google it, all of the comparisons have already been done.

sexysilverado45
08-19-2010, 09:47 PM
www.phandroid.com

i went from a dare, to the htc eris, and now the incredible

incredible rapes the new iphone and the 3g can't come close

i just got mine last week after waiting on the list forever and it was definatly worth the 200 an the wait. if you get on amazon you can buy it for 149.

my mom has the iphone 3g and its a nice phone but it will drop calls and sometimes txt fail

but back to the topic 1ghz processor, 8mp camera, 2.1 eclair, super amoled screen, and here soon it will be getting the 2.2 update, and then hopefully sometime around xmas it will 3.0

might i add that the android market is full of awsome apps that are free. im not sure about the iphone market but iv heard that it isn't as cheap.

also another thing to think about is you buy the iphone on at&t and have a fairly decent phone with terrible coverage including rare 3g. the incredible is on verizion and gets amazing service anywere. i have yet to drop a call

service/call quality incredible
batter life its a tie all smart phones aren't the best with this
u.i layouts incredible htc sense is the best out there
speed incredible
camera incredible

the list goes on there is not much of a comparision between the two

id say go with the incredible htc makes some amazing phones and there leading the pack of any phone makers.

im sure i missing some selling points of the incredible but the phone leads up to its name.

o and one more thing its INCREDIBLE

derekhonda
08-20-2010, 06:13 AM
I have an incredible, and i love it. It is fast, reliable, pictures are fantastic, and around here att's 3g coverage is spotty as best and I get it everywhere.

In all fairness, I have limited experience with the iphone, so it may be just as great, but for me I feel like I made the right decision getting the incredible.

Here's a picture from my camera phone.

mxtuner
08-20-2010, 06:20 AM
I

wheelman
08-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Droid 2 or Droid X is what I'd recommend, but the incredible is nice too.

chucked
08-20-2010, 09:49 AM
I have had an iphone 3g for 2 years, i get good reception, its extremely rare to have a call dropped and its usually the other person. But the software is junk. It crashes 10-20 times a day plus i have to restart the phone after every few hours. Every time Apple puts out an update it has more and more bugs and gets slower and slower. I think what is happening is Apple is pushing the older Iphone users to upgrade to the iphone 4, which is bs. My phone is like new still. But the thing I like best about this phone is I can get an otterbox case which makes it rather water resistant. Plus it keeps it from getting scratched. Cant do that with a slider phone.

sexysilverado45
08-20-2010, 11:11 AM
if you want a droid i suggest you go to a store or find someone who has the phones that you can play with and see if you like the Motorola blur layout,or the htc sense layout.

on the bad side the x is having volume lock problems and a few others, the droid 2 just came out so its tough to tell if it has any problems

also another thing to think about is if you ever want to root you might stay away from the Motorola phones because the boot loader is locked and therefore makes it very tough to root/flash, and very easy to brick.

mxtuner
08-20-2010, 11:15 AM
I have the droid x and havnet any any problems with it yet. Takes good pictures and aweosme videos and also has a hdmi port on it

backwoodsracer
08-20-2010, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yellowhonda400
Im getting a new cell phone soon and was thinking about getting the incredible (im verizon) but its $299.99 which is a little high for me. I havnt heard anything bad about the phone yet but no1 i know owns one. so my question is, is it worth it to switch to at&t buy a used iphone and use that or stay with verizon. I dont care about where you get service and all of that its more about price/reliability. thanks for any input [/QUOT

get the droid its a little heavy but its a lot better than an iphone i promise the service is garbage! i have two friends that are glued to their droids they got ride of their iphones/ and blacberry for it.it does everything and gives free wifi

chucked
08-20-2010, 01:30 PM
The service depends on your area

Kickstarts-suck
08-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Why would Verizon want the Iphones when they have the droid?

:confused: :confused:

m0t0xk1d
08-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I have an incredible, and i love it. It is fast, reliable, pictures are fantastic, and around here att's 3g coverage is spotty as best and I get it everywhere.

In all fairness, I have limited experience with the iphone, so it may be just as great, but for me I feel like I made the right decision getting the incredible.

Here's a picture from my camera phone.

Is it just me or was i the only one that noticed you owned a SWEET viper? :eek2: :eek2:

outacontrol
08-21-2010, 01:42 PM
just picked up the droid 2 today. love it! very fast!

660LE
08-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Got myself an HTC desire yesterday. Its my first smartphone, so i cant compare to others. But it works awesome.

derekhonda
08-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
Is it just me or was i the only one that noticed you owned a SWEET viper? :eek2: :eek2:

I wish it was mine, it isn't though.

DP #000
08-21-2010, 11:07 PM
iphone all the way

JJs450r
08-22-2010, 10:05 AM
i have iphone 3gs and my ole lady has droid evo and i like em both they both have advantages the other dont but id get the droid evo over the incredible its a lot better

Wired
08-22-2010, 06:59 PM
I just got the evo and have to say this thing rocks. Only complaint is that the wireless reach is a little weak. I got a new ipod touch a few months ago and I'm now a firm Droid believer!

quadrider
08-25-2010, 10:19 AM
just got the incredible and it is so much better than my blackberry storm. no complants , its thiner,lighter and 100 times faster. i had problems activating it, but after that got sorted out its great.