PDA

View Full Version : 2001 CR250 ignition troubleshoot

wes350x
08-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Well I got my FTZ monster motor in the bike and everything set and after multiple kicks and a sore leg it wont fire. It has an aftermarket coil on it. Well I checked the fire and I had none. Checked all my grounding and everything is good. I had a brand new coil so I tried that one and it did have fire but still wouldnt pop off.

Question 1- the green wire going to the coil, should it be grounded also? I didnt because I had fire without it grounded.

Question 2- the 2 black wires (1 w/stripe) do those just connect to the kill switch?

If anyone knows where I can find all the measurements for the electrical system let me know and I can check each individual piece. Any help is appreciated.

1promodfan
08-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Wes, just so you know the CR coil has to be grounded also. When I first installed mine I had no fire. Then I grounded the coil and it fired right up.

wes350x
08-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Wes, just so you know the CR coil has to be grounded also. When I first installed mine I had no fire. Then I grounded the coil and it fired right up.

I wonder why I was having fire without it grounded. So I can just plug the green wire to the coil then just tap into the green and ground it somewhere. I wish I has the original coil.