PDA

View Full Version : Hiper Wheel Question?????

yz450hybrid
08-19-2010, 12:43 PM
How do i know which hipers i have???

The rear hipers that i have are dual beadlock honda bolt pattern. I though that they were an older style but not sure now???

Every pair of hipers i see now are either Tech 3 or CF1?

Is that the only hipers that are made?? My problem is that im trying to get a pair of front hipers to match my rears, but im not sure which ones i have??

Let me know thanks

FW_cArBoN
08-19-2010, 03:14 PM
If they are billet centered, they are Tech 3's.. In fact the only "dual beadlocks" are the Tech 3's so that is what you probably have.

The ones you'll need to match are the Tech 3 fronts, single beadlock.

Jay

yz450hybrid
08-19-2010, 04:09 PM
ok thanks jay, i appreciate it.

I also just seen on ebay a pair of front hipers that were the ones that i was referring to and the seller said they are the old style tech 3's??

I dont know if those are the ones that i am thinking of?

FW_cArBoN
08-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Back in the day, HiPer used "integrated hubs" and that might be what that seller is referring to.

Due to the hassle of the hubs wear, they have went away from that and just use a billet center housing on the wheels.

This might be where "new to old" varies... but really other than that, the designs are relatively the same.

Thanks, Jay

Jonny B
08-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Hiper has made 2 styles of front tech 3. The older style has ribs visable on the outer wheel half...the newer style tech 3 have no ribs and are smooth. Here is a pic of the newer style tech 3...these wheels pictured are for sale also.