PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrrrr

Pappy
08-19-2010, 08:28 AM
My lab Gauge is sure taking on some character:(

A few weeks back my oldest Lab Moose nailed him, 16 stitches

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/Other/Private-Gallery-2/DSC1681/952154745_WXtsA-M.jpg

And this morning he went after a little 4 pointer thats been hanging around the yard and it kicked him. Im not stitching him up, peroxide then super glue...

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/Other/Private-Gallery-2/DSC1844/975167019_3q4dH-O.jpg

dehner47
08-19-2010, 09:41 AM
and id bet he'd go back after that deer once you fix him up too. why i love dogs, they have the best determination of any animal. wish i was half as determined as a dog. id be set. good luck to your dogs and the healing...

rundrave
08-19-2010, 09:57 AM
i dont think its determination its more prey drive then anything.

not sure how they do things there, but allowing your dog to chase deer is not only illegal but highly frowned upon here.

i tought my dogs the command "leave it" or "no bird" and that seems to do the trick.

but your dog may have just learned his lesson the hard way. Ive seen dogs get spurred by pheasants before and not want to go back near them again either lol

DnB_racing
08-19-2010, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pappy

And this morning he went after a little 4 pointer thats been hanging around the yard and it kicked him. Im not stitching him up, peroxide then super glue...

did you see the deer kick him? that must have snaped his nose real good!! Ill bet that he will think twice next time about getting behing a deer

Pappy
08-19-2010, 10:08 AM
He will get the shock collar on and find out MY way that deer arent his thing. he has smelled where they have been bedded but never shown signs of chasing them before. This one was in his face and away he went.

Ive broken beagles from running deer, the Lab should be much easier:p

DnB_racing
08-19-2010, 10:16 AM
you might not have to worry about him chasing anymore deer... Ill bet he let out a good yelp and limped away with his tail between his legs after that kick

Guy400
08-19-2010, 01:20 PM
We had a Dalmation that used to bother the cows until one booted her in the head and laid the top of her head open about an inch and a half. She stopped bothering them after that. She'd run to the barbed wire fence and whimper but didn't dare cross through anymore.

250RXCrider
08-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
He will get the shock collar on and find out MY way that deer arent his thing. he has smelled where they have been bedded but never shown signs of chasing them before. This one was in his face and away he went.

Ive broken beagles from running deer, the Lab should be much easier:p

Pappy Labs are easy to break from chasing deer, I just yell "cookie" and mine comes running back:D Good luck and nice looking dog.