PDA

View Full Version : so what's the deal here?

hartwill
08-18-2010, 07:01 PM
I am wondering why Is no one buying any 250r parts? does this happen every year in the summer and it picks back up in the winter or what? because I'm sure not every one is broke, the money has to be somewhere, or is the economy really that bad? what do you guys think?

1promodfan
08-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I think its both..........its summer time and the economy is still in the tank. There is a lot of parts I would love to have, I just don't have the extra cash flow right now to get them. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are in the same boat.

skyeryder
08-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I posted this a couple months back, it's the economy!!!! My pay is down a good 30% or more this year. Hopefully winter build time, I'll be able to move some of these parts.

01shee
08-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Tell me about it. I about have to give parts away to sell anything.
Just sold a 330 motor for $585.

skyeryder
08-18-2010, 07:28 PM
And if you use Paypal or Ebay their fees are getting out of hand

hartwill
08-18-2010, 07:35 PM
yea 01shee if your down by Cincinnati I called you the other day about a motor and you told me that it went for 5 something. that sucks.

hartwill
08-18-2010, 07:38 PM
oh here's a little secret that will help tell people to make payment as a gift via paypal and its no charge to you. doesn't work with eBay though..

01shee
08-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by hartwill
oh here's a little secret that will help tell people to make payment as a gift via paypal and its no charge to you. doesn't work with eBay though..

Yea that was me. So you they send it as a gift they don't take a fee. THats great news.
I got hit with $70 worth of fees on that motor.

Scro
08-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 01shee
Yea that was me. So you they send it as a gift they don't take a fee. THats great news.
I got hit with $70 worth of fees on that motor.

When you send money as a gift, you can't file a dispute through paypal. So if you were to send "gift" money to someone for a product, they could just take the money out, and not be liable for sending you the product. It's ok, as long as you know the person. But I wouldn't even consider it with someone I didn't know. There are alot of scams going around using this. I suspect paypal won't have this option much longer.

skyeryder
08-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Scro
When you send money as a gift, you can't file a dispute through paypal. So if you were to send "gift" money to someone for a product, they could just take the money out, and not be liable for sending you the product. It's ok, as long as you know the person. But I wouldn't even consider it with someone I didn't know. There are alot of scams going around using this. I suspect paypal won't have this option much longer.

Good info there thanks!!!

atvmxr
08-18-2010, 09:42 PM
there are so many great deals on quads right now, I keep blowing $$ on buying whole quads instead of buying parts to fix up the ones I have!!

and the economy is definitely a factor. I offered my zilla hybrid for half of what I bought it for (and I got it at a good price) with an OBO and got no bites at all after 2 months...

troybilt
08-19-2010, 04:59 AM
I was wondering this myself. I can't seem to sell crap.

We see no signs of a weak economy, around here things are booming, I've mentioned before who I work for and this year is absolutely unreal. So if that is a sign that construction projects are picking up I think the economy will turn around soon as well...

also the Ag business is the best it has been in 30 years, well since my parents opened up an Ag equipment store, that helps my area of the U.S. as well...

I guess for me personally, I'm watching my P's and Q's cause my wife and I have our first baby coming in Oct/Nov... and I have no idea what I'm in for, more ways than one.

Ruf Racing
08-19-2010, 10:26 AM
For the Nation as a whole, the economy is still in the tank.

(Reuters) - New U.S. claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly climbed to a nine-month high last week, yet another setback to the frail economic recovery.

Good luck with your sales. :confused:

86Rrider
08-19-2010, 10:59 AM
I know what you guys mean about the "statments" about the economy and what I actually see going on around me.

I work at a O.E. Auto Supplier and I'm trying to figure out who is buying all the cars and trucks! We have been working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week for the last 9 months! Then, either last week or early this week I heard the news report that GM reported it's highest profit in 2 years. Chrysler also reported a good profit.

However, I sure can't tell that around this town! Realestate foreclosures are at like 19%, unemployement is at 13.4%.

So even though there are "signs" that the economy is getting better, I think it's a long ways-off of seeing any affects of that around here.

So, I'm just ridding this summer, not doing any mods or rebuilds. Maybe this winter.....

hartwill
08-19-2010, 01:38 PM
same here I work at a factory that makes concrete saws. we are not very busy at all and yet they are making us work overtime, kinda makes me wonder if these companies aren't getting some kind of money from the government for keeping employees working. we have more people than we need and we are on overtime. that would be a win win situation (for employer and gov) something funny is going on.