PDA

View Full Version : paypal help again

IRISH-RACER-14
08-18-2010, 06:55 PM
so i plan on selling some stuff. when i recieve money on paypal can i spend that money right away when it comes? i want to buy some new parts while i sell some first

Scro
08-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Yes, as long as the person sending you the money is using it as a bank transfer or from their paypal account. If they are sending it as an e-check, you will have to wait for it to clear.

IRISH-RACER-14
08-18-2010, 07:24 PM
does it take long to clear? 24 hours?

Scro
08-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I've only had one person send me an e-check, and I believe it took close to two days.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-18-2010, 07:54 PM
If it's a new Paypal they might lock the funds until the buyer confirms they received the ackage with the correct item. I've had that happen to me twice, I was ticked. One took over a week for the buyer to confirm.

IRISH-RACER-14
08-19-2010, 07:55 AM
well its my first time using it to recieve money. you mean that i could not get the money untill i actually ship out the parts?

DnB_racing
08-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by IRISH-RACER-14
well its my first time using it to recieve money. you mean that i could not get the money untill i actually ship out the parts? it could be longer than that .... you might have to wait until the buyer recieves the package and confirms that they are what was bought!! so if your in a hurry send out overnight and tell buyer to confirm asap

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-19-2010, 12:52 PM
well its my first time using it to recieve money. you mean that i could not get the money untill i actually ship out the parts?

Like DnB said, you won't get the money until they receive the parts and then confirm to Paypal it was what they ordered. It happened to me twice and it ticked me off. So you can't use the money they give you to ship it, you need to use money out of your own pocket to ship then hope they respond to Paypal soon, otherwise your money can be locked into the Paypal account for weeks.

I shipped an item to a buyer next day air and he received it on a Friday. He didn't respond to Paypal or leave feedback on Ebay for almost 2 weeks and I couldn't get my money until he did. Needless to say, I was angry because nowhere on Paypal does it say new members funds will be locked until buyers respond.

Just be aware that if you have a slow responding buyer, your money could be locked for a while. I emailed Paypal about it and they do it at random to new members, it could happen to you or it could not.

IRISH-RACER-14
08-19-2010, 01:10 PM
im not a new member but its my first time selling something. i highly doubt they will do that to me

DnB_racing
08-19-2010, 01:14 PM
its a new policy that started around the beginning of this summer! if you have I think under 10 selling feed backs there will be a delay..... here is a statement from pay pal on funds holding::::::::::::::::::::

To protect against the risk of liability, eBay has at times requested, and may continue to request, that PayPal hold seller funds based on certain factors, including, but not limited to, selling history, seller performance, riskiness of the listing category, or the filing of an eBay Buyer Protection claim. PayPal has held, and will continue to hold, seller funds pursuant to the terms of the PayPal User Agreement, PayPal policies and any other agreement entered into between PayPal and its users.

its not a big deal just plan on a delay!!!!! and if no delay then your still safe. the only time there is a problem is if the parts arnt as described! sell good stuff and there is no problems

IRISH-RACER-14
08-19-2010, 01:57 PM
oh man

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-19-2010, 01:59 PM
im not a new member but its my first time selling something. i highly doubt they will do that to me

Let me rephrase this. They do it to first time sellers whether you've been a member for years or days, period. I can almost guarantee it WILL happen to you, you can doubt it all you want but you should plan on your funds being locked.

mxduner
08-19-2010, 06:10 PM
im not a new member but its my first time selling something. i highly doubt they will do that to me Well I've been an active buyer thru paypal for almost ten years. Last summer i sold my first item to a member thru this web site. It took at least a week to get my cash.

I've never had to confirm my shipment ever, is this just a coincidence? i have bought 15-20 things so far this summer.

DnB_racing
08-19-2010, 07:22 PM
alot depends on price and item if its a small price item then there isn't any problems ..usually!!

Ive only had one request of satisfaction and it was an expensive purchase

DnB_racing
08-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by mxduner
Well I've been an active buyer thru paypal for almost ten years. Last summer i sold my first item to a member thru this web site. It took at least a week to get my cash.

I've never had to confirm my shipment ever, is this just a coincidence? i have bought 15-20 things so far this summer. your purchases probably aren't expensive enough or the members had positive feedback. if you spend enough on a new member you will get a survey that you have 3 bussness days to respond to