PDA

View Full Version : Ltr450

paharleyman2001
08-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Hey guys whats up? after all the years I have been comming to this site I finally registered. Anyway I just committed to buy a ltr450 06 model and what I am trying to ask everyone here is please tell me What I should be looking out for I haven't seen the quad in person just in pictures and the quad is cleaner then most I have seen. But I have done some reading up on the quad. Everyone who reads this please let me know from A to Z on what I should be looking out for what is the best fluids, oils, parts, what should be the first thing I do when I put it in the garage what should I check for what should I do, I aslo want to know what kind of ignition box to buy what power commander to get all the big and little things and what are other sites i can go to but everywhere I go they tell me to come here for advice so I am here everyone tell me what to do and get. I have had many quads but I have never had a quad of this caliber or technology all help will used and all advice will be taken

Thanks Guys

SEMPER FI

RATPACK Z400
08-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Get quad first then see what its got in parts check oil/valve inspection(clearance ) check wiring /tighten all nuts/bolts ,clean filter, then ride! wish i was in your shoes.Love to get ltr450 my favorate quad!

bbender85
08-18-2010, 08:34 PM
shift pin relocater.

find a used "cherry bomb" (plugs into a factory plug-in to unlock a more aggressive fuel map) for $15, take the airbox lid off and the exhaust "cork" out... find much power.

enjoy!