PDA

View Full Version : Valparaiso, Indiana...

freakystone
11-29-2001, 04:53 PM
My wife was at our insurance agent the other day and a gal there said that there is a atv riding area in Valparaiso, Indiana now. Anyone heard? She also said it was $20.00. Ouch!

But I tell you, I signed my boy up for one of those ATV Safety Insitute classes where you go and they tell you what NOT to do and then hand you a hefty rebate check. Anyway, they said the class is in the lower part of Chesterton, near Valparaiso.

Hmmm...

11-29-2001, 05:30 PM
I'm from LaPorte and I've never heard of the riding area. Closest I know of is Atica.

I do however know where the training area you are talking about is. There is a guy a couple miles behind the new Chesterton High School that has a training track. He used to race TT and Flat Track Professionaly on a Mojave. I think he was even a Champ a couple of times. Can't remember his name, but I've been to his house.

11-29-2001, 10:36 PM
That place is off highway 130 outside of valpo if you are comin out of valpo just take a left on the road before 149 and go over the 3 sets of railroad tracks and it's on the right side of the road. I am pretty sure that he has 3 tracks there but i am not sure if quads are allowed. Do you know of any other places to ride around here?

11-29-2001, 11:38 PM
Wait a month and you'll have a nice INDOOR
place to ride :D just a hop skip and jump away!

freakystone
11-30-2001, 06:30 AM
We go to the property behind the Lake Station school. We just found another place in portage/lakestation that we are going to check out Sunday.

11-30-2001, 01:35 PM
If you are going to the sandpit behind dombey lake in portage just watch out for the cops.

freakystone
11-30-2001, 01:39 PM
No, I have always wanted to ride there but I have been warned by to many people not to. I dont know where this new place is but it is pretty close to portage. My brother and his friend ride there from his friends house on porter ave. They take the tracks there. I know it is not a sandy area though. I will let you know Monday where it is.

I live in Aberdeen in Valpo and my neighbor behind me has a big MX type track in their back yard. It's real nice too.

12-01-2001, 12:30 AM
Ypur tracks name is crossing,it's $20,no quads due to county restrictions cause the track was kicking up to much dust.he had to install sprinklers.it's on 250

freakystone
12-03-2001, 07:42 AM
Ok, I went to the new riding spot a couple of guys we ride with found. Take 149 north from Valpo and cross Rt. 6. Go a few miles until you cross a set of RR tracks and turn left along the tracks. Take that RR access road about 1/4 mile and you can park there.

It is an okay place to ride. Lots of trails, hills, mud, sand, etc. Stay out of the fields though since it is not part of the same area and the owners will complain.

I think I like the riding area bihind the school in Lake Staion better.

12-03-2001, 03:29 PM
Is their a place to park your truck or do you have to ride your quad in i don't live that far from thier maybe i will go check it out tomorrow.

freakystone
12-03-2001, 03:49 PM
Yeah, there is plenty of room to park and turn around back there. We had my truck and a dually back they yesterday, both with trailers and there was already a truck w/ trailer back there.

250x
01-11-2003, 10:50 PM
im from park forest ill. my brother from portage ind, and buddy from demotte ind all want to hook up or find out of new places to ride in the area? i know crossings in valpo says no quads but have seen alot there after 3pm. whats the deal? we know a member there and will ask if he can pull strings next time i talk to him. tired of demotte sand pits, attica is old, ottawa is too far for a small place. what now?