PDA

View Full Version : Clean Sludge On Outside Of Cceramic Coated Pipe

wes350x
08-17-2010, 07:43 PM
WHATS THE BEST THING OR CHEMICAL TO USE TO CLEAN THE HARDENED CRUD OFF OF A CERAMIC COATED PIPE. ANY IDEAS?

troybilt
08-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by wes350x
WHATS THE BEST THING OR CHEMICAL TO USE TO CLEAN THE HARDENED CRUD OFF OF A CERAMIC COATED PIPE. ANY IDEAS?

Simple green and fine steel wool works wonders on pipes.

wes350x
08-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Ok, I'll try. Wasn't sure how the ceramic coated pipe hold with use of abrasives.

troybilt
08-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by wes350x
Ok, I'll try. Wasn't sure how the ceramic coated pipe hold with use of abrasives.

Don't use paper towels, I made that mistake once. My FMF is ceramic I believe and the super fine steel wool with simple green worked great. DanHung11 had awesome luck on an old ESR pipe too. Looks new. Soak it a few minutes with the simple green then use a little elbow grease. Hopefully you'll have the same results we did. I've done 3 pipes and they went from looking like crap to looking like new. No BS. Also to get the thick chucky stuff I used a razor blade, but you have to be careful not to scratch the surface. But the ceramic is somewhat touch stuff compared to chrome, I've had luck with the razor on chrome as well without scratching. I'm super particular and take my time.

danhung11
08-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Yep, simple green and steel wool works wonders. Once you see little results, you'll develop OCD until she shines.

ballzdeep38
08-19-2010, 08:35 AM
will the simple green/ steel wool combo work on my ESR pipe? it is the nickle/ chrome finish. how about the silencer? it is the brushed alluminum finish with a bunch of black sludge areoung the end and where the rivets are...

troybilt
08-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by ballzdeep38
will the simple green/ steel wool combo work on my ESR pipe? it is the nickle/ chrome finish. how about the silencer? it is the brushed alluminum finish with a bunch of black sludge areoung the end and where the rivets are...

Brush aluminum, it doesn't work as welll, kind of dulls the brightness of the aluminum. I tried it on my Powercore II silencer. It cleans it fine, but needs a good bleach to brighten it back up. What I do there is use Comet or something similar, that is used on kitchen sinks with brushed finish, it has a bleach that brightens aluminum. here is a pic of my FMF pipe that I just cleaned up... I should have done a before and after pic. I didn't think of it. Dan's pipe turned out really well, same with my LRD pipe too. Considering the ESR of Dan's looked like a 75 dollar pipe but now looks better than a new ESR pipe, since the old ones had better chrome... LOL!

Here is a pic of my FMF, it had all kinds of sludge around the exhaust port area... (its for sale BTW!! :D :D)
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/robltc/Parts%20for%20Sale/DSCN0770.jpg