PDA

View Full Version : White bros. e - series exhaust question. How many plates?

erik420
08-17-2010, 02:26 PM
I have a white bros. E series exhaust with 12 plates. What would happen if I ran less? Is it louder? Does it make more power? Would I have to re-jet? I'm going to experiment with it but wondering if any one else has done this.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Honda#4
08-17-2010, 03:02 PM
I found it to be louder with more discs in even with the S/A in, I'm currently running 5 discs with the S/A in and im running the jetting in my sig. I have put all of them in without the S/A and I found it to be running alittle richer than with the 6 disks and it has more top end. You may just have to go up or down on a main jet at the most.

bryan.young1
08-17-2010, 10:46 PM
i used to run one on my X and tried running them all taking half out and taking all out i think i ended up leaving all of them out and just putting the end cap on. didn't feel a whole lot of difference but it made it a bit quieter. just to possible save you some time i really didn't see a whole lot of difference any way i had it and i ended up seizing up and twisting off two of the bolts in the process. I was being very careful getting them in and out, and even used Anti-Seize but in my opinion they just were not meant to be taken in and out that many times no matter what WB says:) i still got another WB E series to replace that one i just stopped messing with the discs and left it with none of them in. Just a caution for you :) go real slow getting them in and out.

erik420
08-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks guys. When I first got my ex about 2 years ago I did take the plates off because I couldn't stop playing with my new toy! I did use never seize as mentioned. If it is quieter with less plates I will do that. With 12 and the s/a on its loud! I will post power differences if there is any.

Chukkinsod
08-18-2010, 03:38 PM
I messed around on mine and ended up doing the same as above ....all out with end cap on. Only thing that will happen is you will eventually blow out the inner spark screen. I went ahead repacked it/welded it back in and good ever since. Its pretty loud, but its a four stroke theyre all loud.

I do have the Quiet core insert if noise is a big issue for you. I never installed it. Pm me if you are interrested. It replaces the 1st baffle on the nose cone

erik420
08-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Noise really isn't that big of an issue but if its a little quieter with just the end cap without a big power difference I will do that.

Thanks anyway chukkinsod.

trailrider894
08-18-2010, 09:31 PM
okay, now for my .02... I have experimented with different plate amounts before, i have found that the sweet spot is right about 8 or 9 plates. 12 plates was to loud and didn't provide enough backpressure, and i lost a lot of low-end power. With 6 plates i lost to much power and settled right in the middle with 9 plates. It is right around the legal sound limit in missouri of 98db and it seems to provide the most power in this area. I would say the sweet spot for most people with the mods in my sig should run about 9 plates.

bkelley
08-18-2010, 11:17 PM
My E-Series came on the bike and without any plates. Anyone know where you can buy the plates?

trailrider894
08-18-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't know where you can buy plates, but i have a few in my shop i might be able to sell to ya. How many are you looking for?

bkelley
08-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
I don't know where you can buy plates, but i have a few in my shop i might be able to sell to ya. How many are you looking for? I'll shoot you a PM to keep the thread on topic.