PDA

View Full Version : S.O.R.P. Round 8

Josh_SORP
08-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Southern Offroad Racing Promotions will be conducting round 8 at Three Palms MX in Conroe, Texas on August 22, 2010. This race will be a first for S.O.R.P. and many riders. Due to the heat this race will be our first night race of the season. There will be lights and plenty of action to watch so now no-one has an excuse to no show up to race or watch. Join me and S.O.R.P. as we promote quad racing at night. There are a few things you will need to know before showing up. You can visit our site at www.southernracing.org

Friday Night:
Scheduled Practice will be from 8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Camping fee's: Electrical - $35.00, Primitive - $15.00
Practice fee's: $20.00 per rider on Friday, $17.00 per rider on Saturday
Spectator fee's (on Saturday for race) $10.00 per person
Saturday:
Gates open @ 9:00 a.m.
Practice will be from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Three Palms will be charging for this practice the amount of $17.00 per rider. You do not have to practice if you do not want to - this is just an extra practice for those that could not or did not want to practice Friday night.
Race Registration will be from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the scoring tower.
Tech Inspection: 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Place TBA
Riders meeting will begin @ 6:00 p.m. in front of the scoring tower.
Race Practice will begin @ 7:00 p.m. It will be a scheduled practice of three laps.
Racing begins @ 8:00 p.m.
Awards ceremony to follow immediately after race.
Other activities going on Saturday:
The chick rule club will be crafting in front of Scott & Michele Sanders trailer around 2:00 p.m. Look for the pink balloons.
Split Pot raffle will be held along with the Gun Raffle.
Remember that we will be racing on the main track this weekend. It does have some dark corners in it that we will be removing from track for the race. If you have never run a night race before, I would strongly suggest you try to get out and practice on Friday Night so that you will know what to expect on Saturday Night! Don't forget to pick up your newsletter when you arrive to get all the latest information.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail me!! Until then, we will see you Friday Night!