PDA

View Full Version : Lookin at an '04 V-force 700

dalejiw25
08-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Hey all, I was just wondering if there are any serious known issues with the '04 700s as far as reliability or whatever. I may be tradin my Honda 440EX for one and would just like to know a little more about them from those who ride them. The one I'm lookin at is bone stock as far as the Motor is concerned. Any and all info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mikecancu812
08-21-2010, 01:20 PM
tie rods are the biggest problem I've seen. They are very week. When you go on rides my friends are always taking extras. Plastic doesn't take much abuse either. Kind of brittle and easy to break. quad is on heavy side but it has more than enuf motor to compensate

KFXFreak
08-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by mikecancu812
tie rods are the biggest problem I've seen. They are very week. When you go on rides my friends are always taking extras. Plastic doesn't take much abuse either. Kind of brittle and easy to break. quad is on heavy side but it has more than enuf motor to compensate

The Tie rods and ends both suck. Change them ASAP. Plastic is fine if as long as its not the limited edition lava ones. They are brittle because they are painted and have clear coat. Thats why they break off. The Green and Orange ones are fine. If you need to know anything about a V just ask.