PDA

View Full Version : Quick Carb/Performance

quadman21
08-16-2010, 08:04 PM
I don't want to ask the same questions that have been answered a million times but I need some quick help . I have an 05 and it seems to be running "flat" from start - 1/4 maybe half throttle. Im a woods rider so basically i'm feeling it when i accelerate out of a tight section into an open section or doing a dead engine start. My jetting is ok, I have had the same for a few years.However I did let it sit for a few weeks without draining the fuel. (haven't cleaned the tank or carb yet) Any thoughts? a simple F/A screw adjustment? Thanks in advance!

fastrider450r
08-25-2010, 10:42 PM
your pilot/main jets may be clogged, maybe some dirt in the bowl.

DnB_racing
08-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by quadman21
I don't want to ask the same questions that have been answered a million times but I need some quick help . I have an 05 and it seems to be running "flat" from start - 1/4 maybe half throttle. Im a woods rider so basically i'm feeling it when i accelerate out of a tight section into an open section or doing a dead engine start. My jetting is ok, I have had the same for a few years.However I did let it sit for a few weeks without draining the fuel. (haven't cleaned the tank or carb yet) Any thoughts? a simple F/A screw adjustment? Thanks in advance! you really answered your own question. if it was fine before sitting for a few weeks,then clean fuel and carb and you will be good to go. but you already knew that, but thats ok !!!

hrc450er
08-26-2010, 07:05 AM
its probably dirt since the gas wont go bad in a couple weeks unless you were using like e85.

Ruf Racing
08-26-2010, 10:43 AM
It may be some trash in your pilot. Generally gas won't spoil in a few weeks. Mine will sit for, two maybe three weeks at a time. It will start on first or second kick, run fine. What type of air filter are you running?

fastrider450r
08-26-2010, 09:51 PM
they definatly run like sh*t if you use anything below 93 octane.