PDA

View Full Version : Question!Help plz!

HondaRacing83
08-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Ahlright well i think i might clean and polish my head pipe this weekend,so i have a few questions,Whats the first step?like what i shdould use?Sandpaper?Steel Wool?(for the initial cleaning.then like metal polish???Will it work with stock header?(like can i get it really clean and shiny?)i was looking through pipeless416's thread about fabbing his dual HMF'S and noticed he posted a pic of his previous polished header,was it a stock header mike?thanks alot for the help guys!any other advice would be well apreciated!

bherriman
08-16-2010, 10:35 AM
In my experience Sand paper and a good metal polish will shine it up fairly decent if you work at it long enough, but the sand paper also causes it to rust easier. Before I painted my header black, I used a wire wheel on a drill and then polished the crap out of it. It still looks pretty nice (not as good as sand paper) but its way easier to maintain and not as prone to rusting.

HondaRacing83
08-16-2010, 11:26 AM
thanks alot!ive heard that the way the header is now that its got some coat of something on that is like high temp. and doesnt rust?what kind of polish did you use?im thinking about mothers or turtle wax

Honda#4
08-16-2010, 03:46 PM
It doesn't pay to try and polish the head pipe its just gonna turn colors again. Only way to go is Chrome or Ceramic coat it. You could use high temp paint also for a cheaper route.

You can try to polish it but it prob wont last.