PDA

View Full Version : wheels; how egged is to egged?

bbender85
08-16-2010, 09:36 AM
got my beadlocks back from powdercoat and ran them on the dunes a few hours... only to find out i only hand-tightened the lugs. needless to say i egged some lug holes out.

i tightened them up and propped the rear end up... it has a very slight wobble, some of which is from a pre-existing minor axle tweak.

am i going to be always fighting these things to keep lugs tight now? i would redrill, but they've already been dual-drilled for honda/yamaha patterns.

dustin_j
08-16-2010, 11:37 AM
A picture would help. Yeah you'll be fighting them a lot. Maybe an insert can be made to convert them to a tapered nut (similar to the stock honda rims)?

bbender85
08-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by dustin_j
A picture would help. Yeah you'll be fighting them a lot. Maybe an insert can be made to convert them to a tapered nut (similar to the stock honda rims)?

yep, plannin on getting some pics up when i get home.

i'd thought about the tapered nut thing too... possbily even just running tapered nuts w/ no inserts. we'll see i guess.

Scro
08-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by bbender85
yep, plannin on getting some pics up when i get home.

i'd thought about the tapered nut thing too... possbily even just running tapered nuts w/ no inserts. we'll see i guess.

Don't run tapered nuts on an all aluminum wheel. It will just make the holes bigger. The inserts in stock wheels are steel.