PDA

View Full Version : Wanted LT80 OEM Piston/Cylinder

cannondale27
08-16-2010, 06:52 AM
I messed up.Was low week before.Was going to buy some oil and fill.I forgot and the kid ran it out of oil.We have a Harescramble race this fri which we were really looking forward to running.So only way I can see it being done in time is to buy whole cylinder and piston.I would prefer OEM but it can be overbored.Anyone near WI that will sell me a set and get it here by thursday?

LT80
08-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Can't get it bored locally?
You should be able to get a piston kit sent in time.

cannondale27
08-16-2010, 07:59 AM
I will go order a piston today.I really should have the piston before boring though.I figured 3days for piston and at least a day for boring=too late.Thanks for help though.I have read many of your posts here.Good stuff!I made a higher mark on tank and showed my daughter not to let oil go below that.Hopefully she helps me remember because I think I must be losing it.On bright side its a good lesson.I am sure she will never forget the squeeling motor and how hot it got.Probably change oil in future cars right on time:)

LT80
08-16-2010, 08:22 AM
I've got a .5 over piston kit here.
ie: piston/rings/gaskets/pin/pin brg...No new cir-clips tho.
I can 1 day it to you if interested.

cannondale27
08-16-2010, 06:00 PM
It was already .5 over so would need cylinder also.I have a 1mm on its way and will try to get cylinder bored as soon as I get piston.Thanks though.

cannondale27
08-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Shops came through and I had it running by Thursday for breakin.Left fri and she raced sat and today no problems other than some jumps they had for them she had issues with.Sure is nice working on 2st's and we had a great time racing.Thanks for help.Will be looking for advice about how to keep it together for small jumps and taller gearing now.Not trying to make a MX racer but just a little better than stock since this quad will be passed on to younger sister next year worth sticking a little $ into it.