PDA

View Full Version : "Baby's got new shoes" BUT, need a strap for Fly 805 boots

tri5ron
08-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Hey guys,
A friend of mine gave a pair of Fly 805 boots to my 9 y.o. daughter the other day. They are in near mint condition, but they are missing one of the straps.

I have tried ordering a replacement strap kit through a dealer of FLY Apparel, but as it turns out, The replacement straps are on backorder from FLY, and no ETA is available.

Apparently they have been on backorder for quite a long time, and nobody can give an estimate of when, (or IF), they will ever become available.
(yea, I've tried Tucker Rocky, Chapparal, etc., but no go)

So I figuered even though it is a long shot, I'd ask here to see if anybody might have and old pair of 805's they are willing to part with the straps off of. (I really only need one strap)

I'm not really interested in the complete boots, due to shipping costs would probably be prohibitive, to just buying a new set of boots locally.

I can post a pic of the boots, or needed strap if necessary.
Thanks,...

Quad18star
08-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Ron ... have you tried one of the site sponsors? Give them a shout , someone might have one kicking around.

If you're down right strapped ( no pun intended ;) ) try Royal Distributing here in Canada ( they'll ship international) and they usually carry a lot of parts in stock for MX boots.

quad2xtreme
08-16-2010, 10:27 AM
I am not familiar with the "805" boot by name but we do have 5 pairs of Fly boots. I'd be willing to give up a strap as I often pull them from one boot to the other as it is due to the same issue you are having.

Post the pic and which one is missing. I should be able to tell if it is the same as the straps used in our boots. We have those 3/4 length boots with the ATV tread.

Loss of the bottom strap is really common with Fly boots. I was actually thinking about drilling a hole and using some safety wire to stop from losing them.

tri5ron
08-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Ron ... have you tried one of the site sponsors? Give them a shout , someone might have one kicking around.

If you're down right strapped ( no pun intended ;) ) try Royal Distributing here in Canada ( they'll ship international) and they usually carry a lot of parts in stock for MX boots.
I had'nt checked with the site sponsors, but that's a good idea, and will do so.
thanks.

quad2xtreme,
your right on the money,... it's one of the bottom straps that is missing.
It looks to me like all of the straps are the same, with the only difference being the bottom straps are just shorter. A longer strap could easily work by just cutting it down to the proper length.
heres a couple of pics, the strap pictured is the lower strap from the other boot...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/2006%20TRX90%20Quad/IMG_2207.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/2006%20TRX90%20Quad/IMG_2208.jpg

quad2xtreme
08-17-2010, 06:58 AM
I can check Friday morning and have in the mail on Friday if it is the same. It looks the same to me.

quad2xtreme
08-17-2010, 07:03 AM
BTW, what size are those? I have a really nice pair of Gaerne and Alpinestars 3 with ATV treads that don't quite fit my wife's foot. Both pairs are used...but still in great shape. Women tend to want their feet to fit into a number...even if it is too small.

tri5ron
08-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
BTW, what size are those? I have a really nice pair of Gaerne and Alpinestars 3 with ATV treads that don't quite fit my wife's foot. Both pairs are used...but still in great shape. Women tend to want their feet to fit into a number...even if it is too small. LOL!
I was told byt the guy who gave them to my daughter, that they are a size 6. I am assuming he is correct, but I do not see any sort of markings on them that indicates their size.
My wife wears 8 1/2 to 9 size shoes, depending on brand so I guess that's fairly normal size.

A few years ago, for our 10th wedding anniversary, we went on a 8 day cruise ship. I made a pair of Concrete Swimfins as a present for my wife. (yes, I really did), (I'm such a thoughtful romantic).
Apparently I had made them the wrong size, because for some strange reason, she did not take them with us on the cruise.
Maybe I'll just have to make her another pair......:D