PDA

View Full Version : why soo LOUD????

mxpimp2000
08-15-2010, 10:05 PM
well i figured i get some opinions on this subject so here it is.

i have sparks full system YES its packed and YES correctly. It is soo LOUD ppl will be looking for you 2mins before u get there (pit riding) at lorettas this past weekend i saw plently yfzs with sparks that was no where near the loud as mine. Im talkin mind blowing LOUD. its not a crappy unpacked pipe kinda loud, it sounds great but its soo loud it will give u a headache.

Im about to sale it or trade it off for something different. any opinions on something alot quiter with no power loss

Ride1Rob
08-16-2010, 09:08 AM
The more mods you have in the motor the more you can tell through the exhaust.

monster400ex
08-16-2010, 09:36 AM
mines stock with an intake
and the gytr pipe is what i say is thunder loud i just switched to a lrd silencer tiny bit quieter but still loud

TRX_450
08-16-2010, 09:40 AM
every sparks pipe ive been around has been louder than the rest of the pipes

mxpimp2000
08-16-2010, 09:40 AM
would the FCI intake with the air box rear cut out and no battery box cause it to echo and be louder??

Ride1Rob
08-17-2010, 09:18 AM
If you have more airflow through your intake and out of your exhaust it's going to sound different than your normal Sparks setup. Like said before.... ALL Sparks pipes are louder than your average pipe. But when you add hc pistons, aftermarket intakes, portwork, etc.... it really brings out the thunder. A really good ear can tell if there's motor work done or not by the sound of the exhaust :devil: . Aren't you also running a hc piston?

mxpimp2000
08-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
If you have more airflow through your intake and out of your exhaust it's going to sound different than your normal Sparks setup. Like said before.... ALL Sparks pipes are louder than your average pipe. But when you add hc pistons, aftermarket intakes, portwork, etc.... it really brings out the thunder. A really good ear can tell if there's motor work done or not by the sound of the exhaust :devil: . Aren't you also running a hc piston?

yea hc piston fci intake etc. no big bore or port work yet:D

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Unfortunately I don't know how to help but I know what you mean about giving yourself a headache while riding. I have a TC Shorty and man. If I'm just sitting down cruising it gives me a headache every time. I can't imagine riding behind me. :o

blaster12s
08-20-2010, 07:00 AM
when i blew up my race motor and went to a stock motor my headaces dissapeered after riding but an open intake with cut out will cause you to here the air being sucked in adding to the sound

ohsobad_chevy
08-21-2010, 03:53 PM
lol....you think yours is loud??.....

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/ohsobad_chevy/DSC00393.jpg

Ride1Rob
08-24-2010, 12:46 PM
I think that TC shorty is one of the loudest pipes ever. I'd have the say the old style SuperTrapp was the loudest ever lol.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Are you talking about the TC Shorty's that have SuperTrapp stamped on them? If so that's mine. :eek: I really want to get a Rossier when I get the money. I don't like it being so loud it gives me a headache.

mxpimp2000
08-24-2010, 01:43 PM
found my problem. stuck a FMF canister on my sparks header/mid pipe and its no where near as loud.

Ride1Rob
08-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
Are you talking about the TC Shorty's that have SuperTrapp stamped on them? If so that's mine. :eek: I really want to get a Rossier when I get the money. I don't like it being so loud it gives me a headache.

Yep!