PDA

View Full Version : ?Fastest PRO qualifier at LL ?

jjames/jlawson
08-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Question:
Could someone please explain how the AMA chose Josh Creamer to get the Fastest Qualifier Award on Sunday ?

#1 We had no Sunday morning qualifier due to weather.
#2 On Saturday Jeremy Lawson had the fastest lap times in BOTH practices......

Please explain, really does not make any sense too me.

Thanks
Jackie (yes I am Jeremy's mom)

SRH
08-15-2010, 09:17 PM
hes the points leader they assumed he was the fastest

jjames/jlawson
08-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Is that what it says in the AMA Rule book ? If you are the points leader then no matter what "you get all the awards" ??

Sorry but he was not the fastest out there this weekend........

mxduner
08-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by jjames/jlawson
Is that what it says in the AMA Rule book ? If you are the points leader then no matter what "you get all the awards" ??

Sorry but he was not the fastest out there this weekend........ jackie i never been to a national, however my guess is that all qualifying sessions must be ran in there entirety to determine fastest qualifier.

once again, just a guess, otherwise qualifying order is determined by points. This is done in many other racing sanctions if weather is a factor.

I hope that is accurate, correct me anyone if i am wrong. Great that he posted great times, even though there musta been a lack of recognition he deserves.

Conant19
08-15-2010, 09:50 PM
kinda off topic but funny i was just watching him on a movie then ran into this thread

FHKracingZ
08-16-2010, 12:26 AM
I agree Jackie, that qualifier award should of belonged to jeremy.

One_Bad_400
08-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Win the Championship and then you can have a better brangging right then the "fastest qualifyer award".. which to me, isnt that big of a deal.. you may be able to put down a single fast lap time for number.. but its consistantly doing that same number over and over to be able to win the race/championship.

"i was the fastest"
"so did you win?"
"no =("
"oh....."

440racer66
08-16-2010, 01:38 AM
^^^ um ive met jeremy and his mom they understand the whole racing and how to win a championship. its the fastest pro qualifier shes talking about. lawson should have gotten that award.

One_Bad_400
08-16-2010, 01:56 AM
i know fella. i'm just saying, dont make such a big deal about a little "award". keep your sights on the big award, the championship

jjames/jlawson
08-16-2010, 05:30 AM
NOT making a BIG deal, I was just asking a question and other peoples thoughts on it. This is how "crap" gets started on these threads because people like you Bad 400, gets OFF the topic......and tries to start a war.......
No hard feelings, and congrats to Creamer for winning the Championship.
Thanks
Jackie

dehner47
08-16-2010, 07:32 AM
ya jackie, that is some BS how that worked out. sucks for the whole Lawson team. award or no award, least your team knows he laid down the fastest time of the weekend. congrats to him on that and tell him to keep up the great riding. Jeremy is deff fast and would be awesome to see him grab a few #1 trophies in the years to come...

dehner47
08-16-2010, 08:01 AM
NOT making a BIG deal, I was just asking a question and other peoples thoughts on it. This is how "crap" gets started on these threads because people like you Bad 400, gets OFF the topic......and tries to start a war.......
No hard feelings, and congrats to Creamer for winning the Championship.
Thanks
Jackie

and on another note Jackie, thanks for stop in and informing us "real race fans" on things going on with Jeremy and your team. and trust me, its not just you that gets d**ks commenting with there negetive remarks. its constant in here. true racers or racing families cant ever come on her with real information or 1st hand experiences without getting ripped apart for trying to help this sport and this site grow. i and a few members have discussed this issue before and to be honest with ya, it will never end with these guys. they will dog you, fight you, disagree with you just for the sake of it. but what they do not realize is, they are only hurting thenselves and this site but detering "real racers" from coming on here and helping amateurs and begginers out. cause some guys and girls come on here looking to get a lil advice, some knowledge, and just talk to people who know things, been places and who want to discuss this great sport and pass along some of there experiences. but will never happen with the immaturity level around here.

moral of my rant, the knuckleheads all over this forum are only hurting themselves. ive stated it before and i will hold strong to what in say, i love this site, but it will never become what Harlen and Pappy and the rest of us guys/girls want/hope it to become. a place to discuss quads and quad racing with people who have been around. and getting a few TRUE pro riders on here to give advice, stories, experiences and tips... forget about it. cause pro riders and or there teams do not wanna come on here and deal with a bunch of fools who are just gonna argue with them and start trouble. they have better things to do. cause i know a top pro riders who have told me he has cruzzed this site before posting, and said "F**K THAT... not getting involved with these "punks" on these sites." just to show you, you guys are only hurting yourselves and the racing community by always starting crap with someone (let alone a pro riders mom) who has come on her to talk about a few things and express her anger..

sorry Jackie for going on a rant on your thread. just getting tired of these "kids" always dogging and starting crap with the people who actually really support this sport.. hope i didnt offend you or piss ya off for ranting on your thread. good luck to Team Lawson with rest of your season and with the future...

jjames/jlawson
08-16-2010, 08:14 AM
I totally agree. We are here to answer any questions, talk about any issues and discuss quad racing. Not to start trouble.
Thanks for your input.
Jackie

Pappy
08-16-2010, 08:19 AM
I was under the impression it would be regulated by points as well, but I feel it should have been done by the fastest lap time which is easily figured out.

I didnt take One's post as negative, he may not have worded it right but I got what he was saying, screw them and go for it all:p Im pretty sure Lawson is doing all he can do and next year minus some factory support that wont be there, guys like Lawson may be a giant step ahead. I like good close racing so the more banging bars the better!

As far as the Pro's, the fans and people commenting, you will always have that crowd that is negative. They are all entitled to an opinion even if we don't agree with it. Public figures have to deal with it and usually come off worse trying to run some skalywag into the dirt then they do if they just read it, dismiss it if its way off base and concentrate on thier program. They obviously have talent to be a Pro so the rest of us can pick up easy on someone who is clueless smackin' gums and talkin' trash!

One_Bad_400
08-16-2010, 11:14 AM
wow, calm down, i was not dogging anyone, i was just saying, go for the GOLD. Yes Lawson was haulin this weekend, and yes i was rooting him on when he was in 3rd! just trying to give some motivation to go for that championship! He can do it if he wants it bad enough!

i didnt realize i wasnt a "real racer". I try best for this sport as much as i can. and you can check all my post, you'll never find a post about me dogging anyone. most of the time i'm the one to step in and say "if you dont like the topic then dont reply" and try to help the person out with the answer they are looking for. also, i did read your post and actually replyed with a ligit answer onto why things went down the way they did in the pro class, then i saw you were lawsons mom, so i figured you KNEW why things went down the way they did with the rain and time delay's and what nots, so then i edited my post.

And congrats on the poduim finish. I as a "fake racer" could only podium in B class this weekend. sorry i'm not good enough, maybe one day :(

SRH
08-16-2010, 11:19 AM

Sorry but he was not the fastest out there this weekend........

no im not quite sure what the rulebook says and im not sure how practices are regulated, if they scrap the qualifier then to me it just makes sense to give the pick by the points race, especially if practice times are not formally tracked

creamer had it in the bag anyway im sure he wasnt running wide open

it does make sense to me what your saying if practice times are tracked the same way the qualifier is then jeremy should of had the top qualifier position..but since they didnt run qualifiers...who knows

dehner47
08-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
wow, calm down, i was not dogging anyone, i was just saying, go for the GOLD. Yes Lawson was haulin this weekend, and yes i was rooting him on when he was in 3rd! just trying to give some motivation to go for that championship! He can do it if he wants it bad enough!

i didnt realize i wasnt a "real racer". I try best for this sport as much as i can. and you can check all my post, you'll never find a post about me dogging anyone. most of the time i'm the one to step in and say "if you dont like the topic then dont reply" and try to help the person out with the answer they are looking for. also, i did read your post and actually replyed with a ligit answer onto why things went down the way they did in the pro class, then i saw you were lawsons mom, so i figured you KNEW why things went down the way they did with the rain and time delay's and what nots, so then i edited my post.

And congrats on the poduim finish. I as a "fake racer" could only podium in B class this weekend. sorry i'm not good enough, maybe one day :(

trust me bro, im not really speaking of you. i was just more or less talking about all the other resonses that have been going with people dogging real racing conversation. your response i was using more of an example since it was just written and its something i feel needs to be adressed around here. not that i know how things run, but find it horrible people be putting down the real racers of our sport and making us still look like a bunch of idiots since they cant even come on here and talk about things going on in the sport that they experience first hand.. sorry if it came across like i was doggin you for your comments. again, just using you as an example. didnt mean to direct it at you. my bad if thats how it seemed. i truely dont have an issue with you or any of your post. i think you post up good responses and good input. sorry again, didnt mean to pick you out the crowd in my rant. i appoligise..

also, congrats on your B class podium. B class is a tough class. been there before. its deff a battle just to get top 10 let alone any step on the box. congrats for real. and keep pluggin away. you'll be on the top step soon enough...

tw1976
08-16-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm not familiar with the pro rule book, but in several other types of motorsports if qualifying doesn't take place the current points leader is given the pole position. Maybe it's a similar thing where current points leader is given first gate pick, ie. fastest qualifier.

Nice to see Lawson going so good. The move he put on Wimmer at Red Bud for the pass was awesome.

jjames/jlawson
08-17-2010, 05:26 AM
tw1976 yes that is exactly how they did it. But hey no problem, I was just curious.
But the PRO class better watch out 2011 because Jeremy Lawson will be turning some heads.....he will be the one to watch...
Good Luck to everyone......
Thanks
Jackie

jerkyboy
08-17-2010, 03:35 PM
There was a meeting Sunday morning and it sounds like the pro decided not to qualifiy and lineup by points. So they gave him the fast qualifier award. I dont agree but if they had gone out there
it wouldnt have shown who was the fastest and some might have lost a motor. Even some of the pro am guys didnt go out for there qualifier.