PDA

View Full Version : paypal

IRISH-RACER-14
08-15-2010, 03:34 PM
i sent a guy 190 bucks on paypal as a gift for parts. he told me he would pay the fee if i sent him the money. now ive been ripped off by this *******, is there anything i can do or is it my own fault as i sent it as a gift? click for the full story

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=445290

mxduner
08-15-2010, 04:30 PM
seems i just read another story about someone sending money as a gift, and i'm beginning to think the 'gift' thing is begining a new way of scamming people. read through ebay's help section. i think there is a conflict section or something like that. good luck and keep us posted.

IRISH-RACER-14
08-15-2010, 04:38 PM
ok thank you. im new to paypal, its my sister who sends the money as its very complicated for us. this wasnt an ebay transaction

Kickstarts-suck
08-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Lol at people sending money as a gift.

It sure was a gift to him..

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-15-2010, 07:31 PM
I agree with kickstart. It's really your own fault, when you send it as a gift it's just that, a gift. You should have sent, "For Item". That way if he doesn't send the item Paypal can refund your money.

IRISH-RACER-14
08-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
I agree with kickstart. It's really your own fault, when you send it as a gift it's just that, a gift. You should have sent, "For Item". That way if he doesn't send the item Paypal can refund your money.

yes i agree it is my fault but now im trying to fix my mistakes

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-16-2010, 10:34 AM
There is nothing to fix. You sent it as a gift so Paypal isn't going to dispute anything for you. It sucks, but you're out $190.

IRISH-RACER-14
08-16-2010, 02:26 PM
so your 100% possitive there is nothing i can do except leave bad feedback

CJM
08-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by IRISH-RACER-14
so your 100% possitive there is nothing i can do except leave bad feedback

see if you can dispute it.

Scro
08-16-2010, 02:51 PM
It says alot about his integrity. Any goodwilled person would not take advantage of someone trying to save them a couple bucks on fees. Unfortunately, a gift is a gift...with nothing in return. In fact, paypal doesn't even provide a shipping address to the person receiving the "gift". Lesson learned on your part.

IRISH-RACER-14
08-16-2010, 03:10 PM
can you please stop making me feel worse. ive lost 190 dollars and i want to know how to get my money back or even the parts that i now have to go and spend the time on working to earn the money to afford these again!

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Nobody is trying to make you feel bad. You asked for advice and in this case there isn't much advice to be given other than you live and learn. You can try to dispute it through Paypal but I know that's not going anywhere because the money was sent as a gift. Unfortunately it's one of those live and learn mistakes, an expensive one at that.

Kickstarts-suck
08-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Nobody is trying to make you feel bad. You asked for advice and in this case there isn't much advice to be given other than you live and learn. You can try to dispute it through Paypal but I know that's not going anywhere because the money was sent as a gift. Unfortunately it's one of those live and learn mistakes, an expensive one at that.

^^^^^^^^^^^ ;)

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Unfortunately we can't all be given free HDC3's shipped to our door with no signature required. :D

Kickstarts-suck
08-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Unfortunately we can't all be given free HDC3's shipped to our door with no signature required. :D

Ahhhh I know it.. :devil:

I sold it already though. :p

2 HDC3 A coil 10"s coming soon on the Crescendo 3kwp.

Blowthrough will have to wait alittle longer.