PDA

View Full Version : Help please, flood out, ? choking out?

beck125
08-14-2010, 05:20 PM
HEllo all,
I just today got her started again!~!! im so excited and then i finally get it out to ride, and here is my problem.

it starts fine, and stays running, in neutral with me revin it up a little bit, but as soon as i hop on and get it in first it chokes out and acts as if the carb choke is on, but i look down and its off, .. so i pull my air box lid off and the filter off and it runs a little but when i get on it and try to ride it, it chokes out and dies,.. idk if it flooding out or what, its an 11-1 compression, the carb has a 160 main in it... any suggestions to get this project wrapped up would be appreciated. \
Thanks
jordan

Honda4LifeWes36
08-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Too much gas...(flooding out) could be the float in the carb not seating..

Just my 2 cents

beck125
08-15-2010, 08:24 AM
ok ? so how do i make it seat better then?

tri5ron
08-15-2010, 09:59 AM
stuck float ?
old fuel?
dirty air filter?
dirty carb?

Honda4LifeWes36
08-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Well I would clean the carb really good and make sure you do not lose any of the float pieces (they are very small and very important)

Check to make sure the little pieces are properly in their place. If you put the key upside down, or anything like that, the float will not do its job and it will flood itself out.

Is gas leaking through the overflow tube onto the ground?

beck125
08-15-2010, 12:16 PM
yes, it is leaking from the over fill, it came that way so i took it off the four wheeler took it apart and the idiot that sold it to me took the jet out before he shipped it and "FORGOT" to notify me of this, but i put my 160 in it, and now it does the same thing with no leak now

Honda4LifeWes36
08-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Check to see if all your float pieces are still there. The needle should be if the float is still in there but there is also that little rubber key.

Since it sounds to me like he has been messing with it, just see if its put back together right.

If not, maybe its time for all new float,etc.

beck125
08-15-2010, 07:29 PM
ok thanks a bunch, i took my old carb apart and it was missing the key around the main jet, also there was no jet in it but i fixed that a while ago, the pilot jet was screwed all the way out, ... this kids a winner ugh. thanks i have her screamin like she should now

Honda4LifeWes36
08-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Glad to hear it man!!