PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Please!!!

live2surf
08-14-2010, 01:26 PM
so i have a problem with my 03 400ex. I put jetted it to 140/50, it only has hmf pipe. well i bought a new 450r so i am now selling the quad so i took the pipe off to gvie to a freind and put on the stock one back on. I cleaned the carb and now at full throttle it is blowing tons of white smoke. it idles perfect and at low throttle there is no smoke. oil and gas are old from april. what do you think the problem is. anything will help. i have a guy coming to look at it tomorrow and hope to get it back to normal before he gets here.

clemsonteg
08-14-2010, 03:24 PM
if its old gas then you probably got a little water in it. One of the down falls to ethanol in the gas, it collects water a little easier. I would try draining out all the old gas, which you technically don't even need to remove the tank for, just remove the hose going to the carb from the petcock and put a hose on it into a bucket and turn it on. Then you can put in some fresh gas along with something like seafoam to clean everything out.

clemsonteg
08-14-2010, 03:27 PM
I forgot to add, blue smoke is usually oil, black is too much fuel, and white smoke is usually condensation or water in the system. In your vehicle if I saw white smoke I would think blown headgasket and coolant is getting into the cylinder. Since these are aircooled motors the only real place the water can get into is the gas.

live2surf
08-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Thank you so much. i will try that right now and see what happens.