PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Honda 265R pipe options best bet

BuDDy L
08-13-2010, 10:21 AM
I have a 89 265r pro cool head, originally before i started restoring it, it had a decent condition LRD silencer and a rusted pretty bad condition LRD exhaust. I believe it was the team b adjustable one. I recently purchase a 9/10 condition paul turner eliminator pipe for half the price of a new one, 250$ for my R. My question is, will this PT exhaust be great for my LRD silencer or SHOULD (not maybe) go buy a PT Pipe to match. Like i said the pipe is kinda rough but no enough for me to throw it away. I'd keep it as long as they are not completely incompatible or something along those lines. Thanks

89trx250r
08-13-2010, 10:03 PM
i dont think its bad to mix and match if it fits why not try it out the main problems you might run into is the headpipe taking a weird bend that the silencer doesnt match or mabye even the silencer being too short idk if thats possible though theres a few options for pipe mounts on the subframe

deathman53
08-15-2010, 01:09 PM
I used a fmf silencer on a PT type 6 and it fits the lrd I have now. I also have a esr atc and pt high rev, both being for a, atc250r, the esr silencer fits, so does the PT one.