PDA

View Full Version : Bars ?

logan909
08-13-2010, 09:44 AM
want to get some opinions , we are sponsored by tag metals so those are a give in ... but the fast flexx and atv 4 play??? According to the riders feedback are they worth the cash or should I buy a trackside pipe(or something equal) for the same $$$$ ??? I know they obviously have a lot better chance of absorbing...... but 400 dolalrs for handlebars ? this is not my harley were talking about ?

rummel
08-13-2010, 09:58 AM
I WAS SKETCHY AT FIRST ON THE PRICE BECUASE ITS ALOT OF DOUGH FOR SOME ATV FOURPLAYS BARS BUT I ENDED UP BUYING THEM. IT MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE FOR MY 7YR OLD THAT RIDES A DRR 90CC. PLUS HIS BUDDY BROKE HIS FOREARM LAST YEAR BECAUSE HE USED FACTORY BARS. I GUESS IT COMES DOWN TO HOW MUCH PROTECTION DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR KID. IN MY BOOK ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP PROTECT MY SON IS WORTH MORE THAN ANY PERFORMANCE PART.

BradLoomis
08-13-2010, 10:23 AM
I agree with Rummel!
I have been working with Fasst Co. for awhile on a carbon fiber bar to help dampen vibration and give even more wrist support. We have not ever ran any Flexx bars in the past, because my son couldn't find the correct bend to match his current setup. Well Cole sent me a new prototype set and Chase has now ran two races with them and won't even look at the old bars. He has already came up short on a couple triples and the bars to quote him are " absolutely amazing! ". He hasn't jammed his wrists and his arm pump has decreased by atleast 50 - 60% when he comes off of the track.
I may be more predjudice towards the Flexx bars... but anything that can make the kids safer on the track is money well spent in my book. If a racer can't hold onto the bars now, more horsepower is not going to be the correct answer.

rummel
08-13-2010, 10:39 AM
WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE FLEXX OVER FOURPLAY JW I WENT WITH FOURPLAY BECAUSE HIS BARS SEEMED TO ADJUST MORE AND EASIER THAN FLEXX WHATS YOUR THOUGHT

logan909
08-13-2010, 10:42 AM
holding onto the bars is not an issue , now that I have a kid that is hitting 50 foot jumps safety is my major concern ! but just because the website says so does not mean so , i wanted to hear real feedback from real world situations ! the fact of the matter I will do whatever it takes to make Logan safe , on the other hand if you are like me you do not always get what you pay for ??????

rummel
08-13-2010, 10:44 AM
I WAS SKEPTICAL ON THE BARS TO SO I CALLED TOM AT FOURPLAY AND HE TALKED TO ME AND EXPLAINED THAT HIS WHOLE REASON FOR DESIGNING BARS WAS BECAUSE BOTH HIS CHILDREN SNAPPED THERE ARMS

logan909
08-13-2010, 10:46 AM
obviously 4 play would know the bend and radius for my application but what bend do I want from flex will mini dirt bike bars work ?

rummel
08-13-2010, 10:50 AM
IF PRICE IS AN ISSUE TOM WILL HELP OUT IM MILITARY AND TOM LOOKED OUT FOR ME SO IM SURE HE WOULD FOR YOU. PLUS UNLIKE A HUGE CORPORATION LINE FLEX SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS LIKE HIM WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS FOR YOU JUST LIKE GARY AT G-FORCE HAS FOR ME.

coffing918
08-13-2010, 03:24 PM
My son uses the atv four play bars on his 50 production and He absolutely loves them and so dose everyone who sees them on his quad, u can actually feel them flex. My son rode his cousins 70 at our practice track, and hurt his arm because she didnt have the bars and he is used to a soft landing, He said Im so glad I have them on my quad thanks for buying them mom.

fastrnrik
08-13-2010, 05:11 PM
My friends 6 yr old son cased a double at the beginning of the year and broke his wrist (stock bars). When I built our 50 for my 5 yr old son I put the ATV4Play bars on it just to help prevent that type of injury. They cost a little money, but if it helps keep him safe just one time, it's money well spent. They took my son a little time to get used to, but he likes them, and just like getting other stuff, like dialed in cvt & suspension, etc, I think they help with the kids overall confidence as a rider. I just ordered another set for the 70 we're building. My kid won't ride without them.

Also, I didn't know that fast flexx made bars for youth riders? I've seen guys run the adult sized flexx bars on mini's, but I wasn't sure if they would "give" being they were designed for adults? I bought the 4play bars because they are specifically made for kids.

skyeryder
08-14-2010, 10:56 AM
ATV 4-play, more adjustment, easier maintenance!!!! They come with grease zerks, where as the Flexx bars you have too take them apart to grease them and you better have a press.

My 7 year old loves them and he gained more confidence when we put them on last year

Hey Brad if your working with Fasst let them know they need to make them easier to maintain.

BradLoomis
08-14-2010, 07:43 PM
These have a self lubricating bushing assembly in them that should require no maintenance. They move very freely and don't have any vibratory chatter, that I heard was an issue before. I have a different material that I have been using for a couple years now that I am sending to them to try. It might be better, it might not... but we'll see. They said they haden't put a bushing material into the bars until now, because every material they tried made the bars weaker in static testing. This bushing material, withstood to the same stress as the "non bushed" bars... and Fasst Co has always wanted the strongest bars out there.

Ride1Rob
08-14-2010, 08:13 PM
I put a set of Flexx bars on Jams bike and he loved them the 1st time he rode on them. Said he could feel the dampners working in the rough sections as well as landing jumps. He actually can move the yellow dampners just sitting on the bike and he's only 9 so they are definitely not too stiff (If there is such a thing)... Even for the youngest rider they are far better in terms of dampning than your conventional bar. Just my 02.

CRBOGGAN
08-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Look up a old vid of the quadfather it showes his son coming up short on a jump and he put in slomotion so you can see the bars work.

thequadfather+2
08-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I am sure both bars work well but we chose ATV-Four Play. We have been pleased since the day we got them, I dont have any complaints. Jordan loves them and I have seen them work as advertised and it is def money well spent.

Just so there is no confusion. I had them long before we applied for sponsorship with Tom. I paid full price and would do it again, they are worth it.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid118.photobucket.com%2Falbums% 2Fo120%2Frotorwashphotos%2Fsoftbarsvideo.flv">

thequadfather+2
08-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Sorry the embeded link isnt working, try this.

Slow motion, watch his right hand move down when he drives the front bumper into the ground.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o120/rotorwashphotos/?action=view&current=softbarsvideo.flv

T@AFP
08-17-2010, 08:16 AM
We really appreciate all the positive feedback. Thank you

Wanted to let people know that the Soft Bars are now offered as an option of a LOW PROFILE. Which is comparible to a CR LOW.
So instead of the bar raising up to a 10* angle. It is at a level plane off the pivot. It is about 1.125" lower than the the original style.

Thanks again for your support.

WISH1965
08-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Got Flexx Bars on both of ours, worth the price considering the Doctors bills that came in the mail because he fractured his wrist with stock bars was more than the bars!!!! The ortho doc told me that kids in the 7 - 12 age range have developing bones and can be subject to hairline fractures even when the impact doesn't appear severe. When my son landed from a mild & I mean mild jump, he fractured his wrist, I could not believe it. Fortunately i was able to get two used pairs that were available last summer. I got lucky, but if I couldn't find used I would have bought new. But since we were out of racing for 8 weeks, I was able to round up used bars. Flexx or ATV 4 Play, they're both good brands. As for maintenance, the Flexx are not an issue. JMO's.

rcms
08-17-2010, 05:09 PM
hey josh alex went to the soft bars this year and loves them.the adjustments are very simple and they held up very well. i would recomend them for many reasons from the impact they remove from the wrist to the fact that the owner tom is at the races with all of us.

#404's Dad
08-17-2010, 05:30 PM
I was VERY reluctant to get the FASST or ATV FOUR PLAY Bars do to Price and Weight BUT after seeing my son snap his wrist early this season while learning MX on a rather small low speed jump and then seeing him suffer with a cast on for weeks I bought 2 sets of ATV FOUR PLAY bars for his quads and all I can say is he'll NEVER ride MX with out them again, I have seen him land jumps 10x harder than the one that he snapped his wrist on and never even flinch!! Not to mention the added confidence boost the bars have given him.

The protection they offer is just amazing and I'd pay more for them if I had to, imho they are just part of the Protection Package along with the Leatt, Chest Protector, Boots and Helmet, all are MUST have items to protect the youngsters.

Worth every single penny and like the other guy said if money is an issue I am sure Tom @ ATV FOUR PLAY will do his best to work with you, he is a Racer Dad too so he knows where we are all coming from.

Tom, are the bars I have the new style lower ones? I think so but not 100% lol.

Brad, I'd be interested in some Carbon Fiber bars for our ATV FOUR PLAY soft bars if you'd be interested in making them?

Thanks, Corey

T@AFP
08-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Hey Corey,
Nope those are our High Profile handle bars. But if you or anyone every wants to change out the High Profile for the Low it's as easy as removing the two bolts and installing the new bar
ends.
Also, thanks for the support.. That's awesome to hear/read.

Originally posted by #404's Dad
I was VERY reluctant to get the FASST or ATV FOUR PLAY Bars do to Price and Weight BUT after seeing my son snap his wrist early this season while learning MX on a rather small low speed jump and then seeing him suffer with a cast on for weeks I bought 2 sets of ATV FOUR PLAY bars for his quads and all I can say is he'll NEVER ride MX with out them again, I have seen him land jumps 10x harder than the one that he snapped his wrist on and never even flinch!! Not to mention the added confidence boost the bars have given him.

The protection they offer is just amazing and I'd pay more for them if I had to, imho they are just part of the Protection Package along with the Leatt, Chest Protector, Boots and Helmet, all are MUST have items to protect the youngsters.

Worth every single penny and like the other guy said if money is an issue I am sure Tom @ ATV FOUR PLAY will do his best to work with you, he is a Racer Dad too so he knows where we are all coming from.

Tom, are the bars I have the new style lower ones? I think so but not 100% lol.

Brad, I'd be interested in some Carbon Fiber bars for our ATV FOUR PLAY soft bars if you'd be interested in making them?

Thanks, Corey

#404's Dad
08-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by T@AFP
Hey Corey,
Nope those are our High Profile handle bars. But if you or anyone every wants to change out the High Profile for the Low it's as easy as removing the two bolts and installing the new bar
ends.
Also, thanks for the support.. That's awesome to hear/read.

No problem man, both You and the Soft Bars deserve every word. I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the new setup if possible, how much does it lower them, I am curious because I have 2 longer stems for Trevor's bikes I have not used due to not wanting to change the height on him.

Thanks again

T@AFP
08-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by #404's Dad
No problem man, both You and the Soft Bars deserve every word. I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the new setup if possible, how much does it lower them, I am curious because I have 2 longer stems for Trevor's bikes I have not used due to not wanting to change the height on him.

Thanks again

Sorry for the delay of these photo's.
These are the new one piece CNC handle bar ends with a 9* degree low bend in them. It would be similiar to a CR low.
These are on our new Pitster Pro Mod that we are offering. So for my son, we really needed to lower the stem and the handle bar height for better cornering cause he's a little dude.