PDA

View Full Version : question on stators - output - consumption

tri5ron
08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Hi guys, I hope there is someone here who can answer my question.
what I am looking to find out is...

1-
what is the actual wattage output of a stock 250ex stator ?

2-
And what is the 250ex's wattage requirements when running, with the headlight turned OFF ???

So that you can better understand the reason for my questions, let me explain what I am trying to accomplish.

My wife has a '03 250ex.
She IS NOT a aggressive rider or adrenalin junkie, by ANY stretch of the imagination.

She HAS NEVER, nor WILL EVER have any intrest in doing jumps, shooting roost's, sliding sideways, doing donuts, pulling wheelies, or anything that even comes close to performance riding.
But at the same time,... She DOES Love riding her quad.
Shes is a "putt-putt" trail rider,.... She enjoys it that way,.... and that is fine with me.

NOW,... as many of you know, I am an Accessory Nutjob !
Hell, I invented the condition known as A.A.D.S., and damn proud of it too!

SSOOoooo,....
after accessorizing her quad to the max.,...
nerfs, handguards, shock covers, full skids, hitch mount, rear rack with cargo bag, coolers, and soon a steering stabilizer,...
I have another idea that I'd like to try installing on her quad.

I have some small, 2" dia., handlebar mounted speakers, and I have seen some small amps intended for streetbikes, that are used in conjunction with an ipod/mp3 player.

I am visualizing mounting the speakers and a ipod mount on her handlebars, then putting the small amp somewhere under the plastics. (so far, the lowest power amp I can find is a 20w ).

Therefor,... I need to determine how much reserve power, the stator is producing, with the headlight turned off, so that I can determine if there is enough power to power up the small amp, WITHOUT draining any juice from the battery.

So back to my original question..

how much power does the stator put out,... and how much does the bike use, while running, without the headlight on ?

Thanks,
Ron

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-13-2010, 12:19 AM
http://www.rmstator.com/en/atv/honda/trx_250/stator/stator_for__trx_250_x/x/all/1346.htm

tri5ron
08-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
http://www.rmstator.com/en/atv/honda/trx_250/stator/stator_for__trx_250_x/x/all/1346.htm Thanks, and yeah, I realize that I could buy a higher output stator.
who knows,... it just may come to that.
BUT,
what I'd really like to know, is the parameters of the OEM stock stator, and the bikes consumption requirements.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-13-2010, 12:54 AM
I've been reading for about an hour now trying to find your answer and I cant find it. From what I've been reading I believe the stock stator is 90 watts but I'm not 100%.