PDA

View Full Version : quick shock spring question

m0t0xk1d
08-12-2010, 05:04 PM
First off, Mods please dont move this right off. I know this is in the wrong section but i need this to get as much as exposure as it can where i have to leave for a race tomorrow. thanks for you consideration.

OK WELL, i have an elka rear shock for my 300ex and recently I ordered a new spring. The spring I ordered is for a heavier rider. HOWEVER, the spring that i received today is about an inch shorter. the shock spring i received is 175mm in length and the original shock spring was 200mm.

the shock is a dual rate 300 ex .

My question is why would they send me a shorter shock? will this shock work? i dont quite understand?

fearlessfred
08-12-2010, 05:41 PM
dont know why its shorter but if u have enough ajustment to snug it down it should work. stiffer springs are done by thicker coils and a steeper pitch to the spring .the change in pitch helps reduce the chance of coil bind. if it is the correct rate,it will require very little preload to get the correct sag with u on the bike. did u call the seller to see if u got the right part

m0t0xk1d
08-12-2010, 05:47 PM
well i got it straight from elka. No i havent called yet because when i got home they were already closed

m0t0xk1d
08-12-2010, 08:33 PM
bump. come on need