PDA

View Full Version : eBay cold air intakes?

Hondamaster5505
08-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Alright, I did some research, and it seems like the people that own them, are happy with them, and the ones that don't, talk about how they don't do a damn thing and are cheap pieces of crap.

I have a 93 firebird lt1. My stock intake boots are getting beat up and ripped, so I have to get a whole new intake set up.

I'm not looking to spend big bucks, and I seen the insys cold air intake on ebay. It looks pretty nice, and comes with the filter and all the clamps and such.

I don't see how this can not add SOME power.. I mean it's all smooth piping and the filter is located right where the K&N's is.. I highly doubt that the K&N set ups make much more power then these.

I have a feeling that the people who down-talk on them are just snobby and don't want to be seen with an ebay intake.

Can I get some honest feedback? I'm just looking for a replacement for my OEM one that will add a lil power without breaking the bank.

ZBlaster
08-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Alright, I did some research, and it seems like the people that own them, are happy with them, and the ones that don't, talk about how they don't do a damn thing and are cheap pieces of crap.

I have a 93 firebird lt1. My stock intake boots are getting beat up and ripped, so I have to get a whole new intake set up.

I'm not looking to spend big bucks, and I seen the insys cold air intake on ebay. It looks pretty nice, and comes with the filter and all the clamps and such.

I don't see how this can not add SOME power.. I mean it's all smooth piping and the filter is located right where the K&N's is.. I highly doubt that the K&N set ups make much more power then these.

I have a feeling that the people who down-talk on them are just snobby and don't want to be seen with an ebay intake.

Can I get some honest feedback? I'm just looking for a replacement for my OEM one that will add a lil power without breaking the bank.

I always ran a 1LE elbow with a Moroso cold air setup on all my LT1 cars with good results. Still pretty cheap setup. If you're looking to save money and elbow will help power more than a CAI on that car if it's mostly stock.

Hondamaster5505
08-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
I always ran a 1LE elbow with a Moroso cold air setup on all my LT1 cars with good results. Still pretty cheap setup. If you're looking to save money and elbow will help power more than a CAI on that car if it's mostly stock.

Just the elbow? Hmm.. I'll look into it. You notice a gain at all?

yellowhonda400
08-12-2010, 11:08 PM
i bought my CAI of ebay from my 02 mustang and i like it. like they say u get what you pay for and the fitment wasnt all that great but it works. Its a tube with i filter so in my eyes why spend big bucks when ur gettting the same thing just a little cheaper. like i said my only compliant is that it didnt fit great but it fits