PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a new bike

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Well I got a '97 CR125 out of a trade deal. It's ceased as of now but will be running by the weekend.

Anyone who went from a quad to a bike have any tips? I haven't been on a bike in probably 6 or 7 years so I'm almost starting over again.

YOURADHERE
08-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Just take it easy. Bike can be a completely different type of fast then an ATV. I too rode bikes several years ago. My brother recently bought a CR250. I hopped on it and underestimated it. Ended up on my *** and twisted/possibly fractured my ankle and jammed my knee. 2 months later it still bothers me at times. Just take it easy and allow yourself to get comfortable again and you'll be fine....dont do like me...it hurts. :D

mxduner
08-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Make dang sure your gear is in good shape and WEAR it, even if you go put put around the yard. always ride within your means, and keep those elbows up in the corners

jjv101
08-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I went from a quad to a 2009 kx250f.

let me tell you its WAY different ive been on a bike before (limited time though) and like you it was many many years ago.

What i did was rode it around the yard a few times (if you have teh space) just to get a feel for everything again. Then i took it to a track, WAY different from yard to track haha.

When you get out just take it easy, get a feel for it and as you get more and more comfortable give things a shot! By the end of the day at the track i was clearing most of the table tops (except the downhill ones that). What give me problems were the ruts watch out for those!

SRH
08-12-2010, 09:53 PM
that was a great yr for the cr 125 , i was never a fan of the smaller bikes id rather ride a 450 or 250 s troke, bikes are a blast if you got ppl to ride with

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
08-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by SRH
that was a great yr for the cr 125 , i was never a fan of the smaller bikes id rather ride a 450 or 250 s troke, bikes are a blast if you got ppl to ride with

I want a YZ250F but considered I practically got this bike for free I don't really have room to complain. I figure I will keep this until I'm comfortable on a bike again then get a 250F.