PDA

View Full Version : How to get the motor in the frame w/no scratches?

TRX250XFIRE
02-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Hi, i have been told that when you put your motor back into your frame after painting that it will most deff cause some scratches on ur newly painted frame. Does anyone have any tips to help prevent this, thanks.
Trx

tprender
02-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Go in the bathroom and get the good clean towels and put them around the frame before you put the engine in. When finished throw them away and then tell your mom that they got lost in the wash.

hsr
02-04-2003, 08:07 PM
i was wondering the same thing, i was going to paint my frame but then i figured if i would scratch it just by putting my motor back in then i would most definatly scratch the he@% out of it when i was riding it, spray paint doesnt hold that well , if your gonna do it and have the $ get it powdercoated

TRX250XFIRE
02-04-2003, 08:14 PM
yeah i would think that spray paint would not hold up very well, but were not using spray paint in a spray can, my friend did the same thing with his 300 frame 2 years ago and its still good. candy apple will look real nice on my yellow 400

300exQuadracer
02-05-2003, 02:51 PM
i just powder coated mine and came across the same problem, i used shop rags and taped them down, but there is just about no way of putin a few scratches in it, but you wont see them anyway the engine will be sitting on top of the scratches mostly