PDA

View Full Version : jetting help please!

Honda4life05
08-11-2010, 02:55 PM
I have been messing with my jetting a little bit at a time but i finnaly NEED it fixed. It is boggging down and it won't run great up until about 2/3 throttle then it runs fine. I have already messed with the needle and it is at the middle notch right now. (it was one clip richer) and i think that helped a little. i'm pretty sure it is running rich because i had a shop jet it for me in the winter time, but now in the summer there is about a 60 degreese difference. i just need to know what jets control lower throttle then the main jet?
Thanks for any help i really need this fixed. I don;t really know what else it has in it for jetting because i didn't do it, but all of my mods are in my sig with airbox lid on. thanks.

4reeds
08-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I would have left the needle alone.Changed the main jet and the slow jet is probably pretty fat since it was jetted for colder starts.

DnB_racing
08-11-2010, 07:55 PM
make sure of your throttle positions for symptoms! the way it sounds if you have a good top end then your main is fine, to me it sounds like a pilot jet or a/f mixture screw setting try it again and get symptoms from idle to 1/4 and check for bog or if its breaking down and go through all throttle positions and duplicate exactly were problem is and exact symptoms (bring a pencil with you) and write it down when it happens, post exact symptoms and I can help

DnB_racing
08-11-2010, 08:00 PM
here is a pic of throttle positions

Honda4life05
08-11-2010, 08:27 PM
the pic is a little hard too see but it won't act up until i put a little pressure on the motor. it does it through all of the gears but when it's in nutral and i rev it up it runs fine. it idles alright and it runs at wot alright. just inbetween there. is there any read that can tell me everything about these carbs so i can figure it out? and also what would you reccomend as a starting ppint in my jet sizes? thanks

ss440ex
08-11-2010, 08:39 PM
I had an 2004
With lid off 180 main and a 42 pilot jet
White Bros full exhaust
HC STG II
OEM carb.

Good luck

ss440ex
08-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Try it with the air box lid off first and see what happens...
Keep us posted.

Honda4life05
08-11-2010, 08:46 PM
with the airbox lid off, it runs liike crap, but that's expected cause it running wayy to lean then.

DnB_racing
08-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Honda4life05
the pic is a little hard too see but it won't act up until i put a little pressure on the motor. it does it through all of the gears but when it's in nutral and i rev it up it runs fine. it idles alright and it runs at wot alright. just inbetween there. is there any read that can tell me everything about these carbs so i can figure it out? and also what would you reccomend as a starting ppint in my jet sizes? thanks
http://quadhub.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jetting_theory

if it changes symptoms when you have it in gear then you have other issues then carb adjustments

Honda4life05
08-12-2010, 11:50 AM
i meant it runs fine when it's cold in my garage, but when it warms up it starts runnning like that, could you give me a starting point on jets? main,needle,pilot,and fuel screw? thanks