PDA

View Full Version : Tire?

slightlybent47
08-11-2010, 01:26 AM
I am looking for a set of tires that will work best for hard pack mx racing.
I have been using Hole shot mxr6 and I like them just fine, but I want a good tire for those tracks that get slick and blue grooved. I have looked at the Hoosier mx100 and they look pretty good, but I don’t know of any other tire that may compare to them.

I’m not concerned with how long they will last, I’m most interested in how soft they are and that I get the best traction possible.

What is the best MX tire for a blue grooved track?

thanks for your input.

Balaz_73*00
08-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Hoosiers all the way, I ran the 150s and they hooked up great. My buddy runs the 100 and they are like goooo. Youll toast them easily in one national

Wood_15
08-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Yep just like above you can't go wrong with the mx150 it uses the same rubber as the mx100 they just built up the knobs better to give it more durability. If your running on serious blue groove and need the most traction possible i'd go for the mx100 but your prolly only going to get one weekend out of them which is what I would get anyway out of a maxxis yellow or itp mxr6.

mxduner
08-12-2010, 04:33 PM
doesnt itp make some quadcross for hard pack?

slightlybent47
08-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Ok thanks for the replies;
I would like to see the razor yellow and the Hoosier side by side so I could compare them. Though the thought of only getting a few races out of them does make it hard to spend the money on them. The Hoosiers are $92.00 for the rears and 83 for the front. Kinda pricey if you ask me.